Blue Files and Folders???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

QuaZar

When I bootup in WIN XP Pro I get the c:\system32\dllcache\ folder come open on the screen. All the files in that folder have a blue font including the dllcache directory. Also some other folder directories are in blue in my windows folder. Wierd ?

Can anyone please explain this annoyance. Did a program I install screw things up?

One other thing. My Powerdesk program doesn't show any icons in the explorer window, but my windows explorer does. Maybe there is a connection. I just want to see if anyone had this same problem and how they fixed it.

Thanks in advance

Del

Try right clicking on the directory or folder and click on Sharing and Security. Click General and the the Advanced button. If you have a check by Encrypt Contents, it's a function of Win XP, unclick it.

QuaZar

Thanks

It was unchecked, but I unchecked the compression option and now it's not blue anymore. Thanks for the Fix

Del

Great, missed the problem but you found the answer, that works for me. Just so you have it fixed and it works ok for you.
Have a great one.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online