blue link lines

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
A

AZ

Hi,

How can I get rid of the Blue Line around a Link on my Web Page?

Thanks,
AZ:confused:

is this a web page you've created?
- then it's part of the default settings for hyperlinks
- check the program documentation / help files to modify

if it's someone else's webpage, then it's their settings but you can try going to :
tools
internet options
advanced
underline links in the browsing section and change your settings

A

AZ

Thanks,

It's mine. Since I posted, I put the image in a Table. Now it is a small puple outline (I can live w/ that).

Funny thing is: it only happens on my Index Page?
figure.

As I type I got an "Idea"! (let you know if it works).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just stated this Site so cut me some slack (just a sketch)...hehe

http://www25.brinkster.com/azriley

AZ;)

it's a border formating thang i think

you need a (backwards brackets so it'll show here)
>border=0< command with your table - look at the code for your other pages, where you have the table border=1
copy that but use =0

sorry, thought you were talking about the hyperlink underlining before

A

AZ

jbcalg,

That didn't work, but my idea did (on a solid bg anyway).
I assigned a link color to match my bg color.

That takes care of my immediate problem, but it seems that I remember that there is a way to remove the line completely...

hmmmm, maybe in a dream..hehe..

Thanks a lot,
AZ :)

here

it's an img border - i 'borrowed' your code and played with it a bit
*maniacal laughter*

try this - without the [ and ] brackets
[<]a href="FA1.html" title="Enjoy"[>][<]img src="Welcome1.gif" alt="Welcome" border="0"[>][<]/a[>]

works in FP anyways

Hi AZ,

Cool site, BTW. If you are talking about the lines which underline the links, here is how to disable them:

< TD >< href="index.html" STYLE="text-decoration: none" title="BACK" >BACK< /A >

Obviously, you would want to get rid of the extra spaces I inserted.

For answers to this type of HTML, check out this site:

So, You Don't Want Links Underlined, Huh?

This is just one of the many Tutorials. I used this entire site when I first started building my web site. Just about everything you ever wanted to know is there.

Cherokee

A

AZ

jbcalg,
That did the deed.
border=0 had to be in the image tag it'self.
Wow, I can use any border I want now, or none (instead of "day glow blue).
Sure thank you for that! Maybe I can help you sometime...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cherokee,
That underline trick is useful as well (learned 2 new things today).
Gonna check-out that site you pointed at, but wanted to get back to you so that you would know "I'm Happy!" hehe..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sincerely,
AZ([:)>

AZ - glad it worked - and what goes around, comes around for helping here
(commit a random act of tech help :) )

Cherokee - nice link, will add it to the list thx

<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">So that the </color></font> &lt; <font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">and the </color></font> &gt;<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">, when used as tags, show up here on the board:

Instead of typing a</color></font> &lt; <font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">, just type</color></font> &amp;lt;
<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">Instead of typing a</color></font> &gt; <font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">, just type</color></font> &amp;gt;
<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">These are the Alpha Codes for</color></font> &lt; <font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">and</color></font> &gt;<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">.

Or
Instead of typing a</color></font> &lt; <font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">, just type</color></font> &amp;#60;
<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">Instead of typing a</color></font> &gt; <font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">, just type</color></font> &amp;#62;
<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">These are the Num Codes for</color></font> &lt; <font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">and</color></font> &gt;<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">.

This comes in handy when trying to explain tag usage to others, rather than having to explain to them that the tags are backwards - reverse them, or that you've had to add extra spaces - remove the spaces, etc... ;)</font>

A

AZ

Originally posted by Signature
<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">So that the </color></font> &lt; <font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">and the </color></font> &gt;<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">, when used as tags, show up here on the board:

Instead of typing a</color></font> &lt; <font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">, just type</color></font> &amp;lt;
<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">Instead of typing a</color></font> &gt; <font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">, just type</color></font> &amp;gt;
<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">These are the Alpha Codes for</color></font> &lt; <font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">and</color></font> &gt;<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">.

Or
Instead of typing a</color></font> &lt; <font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">, just type</color></font> &amp;#60;
<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">Instead of typing a</color></font> &gt; <font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">, just type</color></font> &amp;#62;
<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">These are the Num Codes for</color></font> &lt; <font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">and</color></font> &gt;<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">.

This comes in handy when trying to explain tag usage to others, rather than having to explain to them that the tags are backwards - reverse them, or that you've had to add extra spaces - remove the spaces, etc... ;)</font>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I Learned 3 things today (must be a Record! -for me).

Thanks Signature, I really appreciate the help. I am having fun learning "this stuff"...It's really like "Magic". FUN!

Enjoy the People,
AZ:) :) :D

Originally posted by Signature
<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">This comes in handy when trying to explain tag usage to others, rather than having to explain to them that the tags are backwards... ;)</font>
well i knew i was taking a risk that AZ wouldn't understand
- or that he would try and hold his monitor up to the mirror so he could see the tags properly ;)

thanks for the tip on the alpha and num codes - another thread saved to the brain trust for future use!

<font face="comic sans ms" color="#577ac6">You're welcome. :)

I love the "Magic" of "this stuff" too, and I think it's wonderful to share knowledge with others here on this site, where I learn so much more than the small simplicities that I pass along...

Now, how do I get rid of this mental image of AZ holding his monitor up to the mirror so he can see the >sdrawkcab< tags properly, that's got me in a fit of the giggles?

...he's holding that monitor up to the mirror...
...then rushing to sit down, hunched over his keyboard in order to quickly type what he can remember seeing, before he forgets...
...back up with the monitor facing the mirror to double-check the syntax...
...back down to the keyboard to rectify a slight error...

;)</font>

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online