1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue Monitor Blues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by recruiterman, Dec 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recruiterman

recruiterman Thread Starter

I have a Sony Trinitron Monitor and a Compaq Pentium 233 and
    I was trying to plug in a phone line into the modem when the Monitor disconnected, I plugged it back into the connection and the Monitor turned blue. I have since uninstalled the graphics card from the device manager and reinstalled it and the drivers, still blue. I used the onscreen monitor buttons to take out blue add red etc. still blue. Will I stay blue until I get a new Monitor...is the Monitor blown , I have heard never plug anything in while the computer is on but have never run into a problem until now, I fear I blew it. (out)!:(

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

have you disconnected the monitor & then went to device manager & removed it there. Then reboot w/ a freshly plugged in monitor & let plug & play find it....then check for updated drivers.
    also see if there are new drivers for it that need to be downloaded.

also you need to reset the refresh rate to default in display properties.

3. Max19

Max19 Account Disabled

When the monitor displays one color far more prominently than others or does not display one or more colors at all, it indicates either a problem with a loose connection between the monitor and the video card or a bent pin on the monitor cable or a hardware failure inside the monitor (which is too expensive to repair).

Shut down the computer. Unplug the monitor cable from the back of the computer. Look at the pins on the cable. Do any of them look bent? If not, firmly reconnect the cable to the video card, and turn on the computer. If the display is still blue, the monitor is shot. It's a mere coincidence that the monitor failed right after you plugged a phone line into the computer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62970

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice