1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

blue monitor ???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rtandon, Dec 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rtandon

rtandon Thread Starter

hi folks

umm weird but true...

left my monitor and computer for that matter alone for a while and they misbehaved as usual. when i got back my monitor was showing a blue tint and had white lines running horizontally. i havent touched the settings in ages. did restart the computer before this happened then left.
    its a Sony Multiscan 15sf Trinitron about 5-6 years old no problems ever before. Not the video card (Voodoo3 3000)....i am clueless??? can u help......

thanks

ruchir

2. ETS

ETS

Could be a problem with one of the monitor's color amplifyer circuits or a bad cable. You might try swapping the monitor from another system to see if that fixes it.

3. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

it may have got to warm also... clean the area around your fan for better ventilation

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62371

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice