1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue, pink or yellow striped screen on freeze!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Honey63, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Honey63

Honey63 Thread Starter

I have a computer that's only a few months old that I'm having problems with. Every so often the computer will bring up a screen that's either blue, pink or yellow with white pinstripes and I can't do anything other than pull the plug and reboot. I've never seen any computer bring up these types of screens before and I have no idea where to start to find out what's causing it. Can anyone help me with this please?

I'm also having problems with freezing while on the net using a Firefox browser. This issue resolves itself, it eventually restarts, but I can't figure out why it does it to begin with. Computers are so frustrating, grrrrrrrr!!

2. antech

antech Banned

Might be the graphic card drivers.

3. Honey63

Honey63 Thread Starter

I used the driver CD supplied with the graphics card, and since then it's been updated. I just opened the device manager and checked the drivers, and according to Windows 7, I'm up to date. Any other ideas?

4. antech

antech Banned

If the drivers are NOT THE PROBLEM,
    then I fear ,
    it must be the grapghic card itself !

If you are under warranty ,do make use of it!

5. Honey63

Honey63 Thread Starter

I'll go dig out the purchase information, because I paid for an extended warranty on a couple of parts, and I think the graphics card was one of them. Thanks so much for your help antech, hopefully a new card will solve the problem! :D

6. antech

antech Banned

Best of luck!
    Honey63

7. Honey63

Honey63 Thread Starter

I've got a new graphics card installed in my computer now, which I installed about 48 hours ago. Last night I was debating whether to play a game or go to bed and the screen went blank, not striped this time, and it froze. So obviously it wasn't the graphics card! :( It wasn't a bright color this time, and I don't know if it had stripes because I was too miffed at the time to notice, but it appears the problem hasn't been solved with the new graphics card. Anyone know of anything else it could be? I'm so frustrated with this, sigh! :(

8. Honey63

Honey63 Thread Starter

My computer's had a new graphics card for just over a month now. I seem to be having MORE problems than I had before I replaced it. I'm wondering if this could be a compatibility issue between the graphics card and other hardware? I built the computer from specifications in a Maximum PC issue, so I don't THINK this is the problem, but I'm not an expert so I thought I'd post this thought here.

9. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    moving to hardware forum where you may get more response
    As you are in windows 7 forum - would you confirm the windows version is windows 7

I would remove the drivers and re-install for the card you have just purchased

10. Honey63

Honey63 Thread Starter

Hi etaf :)

The card I've now got installed is identical to the original card, it was just a replacement from Newegg.com. I'll definitely try uninstalling and reinstalling the software though. I'm running Windows 7, so you had that right. Thanks for moving me, hopefully I'll get some more ideas! :D

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919498

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice