1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Blue Question Mark Over DVD Drive

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by patmac, Feb 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patmac

patmac Thread Starter

Hello,
    Tried to load a DVD today but could not open the DVD tray.
    There's a big blue question mark over the drive. I'm assuming the drive that says D:\ Desktop is the DVD drive, this is from in File Explorer
    Using a paperclip in the reset hole wouldn't open it.
    I'm able to get the tray to come out by using my finger on the side of the door. I tried loading the DVD in then pushing it closed. It spins up and asks what I want to do with the DVD but won't let me select anything.
    Device Manager says the device is working properly.
    This is on a Dell i5-3340, 8M of RAM, Windows 10 Home 64 bit machine.
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks for your time.

Edit: when I go to Disk Management I don't see D:\, but do have: CD-ROM 0(zero) DVD(E:). I can eject the tray on this drive, which opens the DVD tray. So I'm not sure which is what.
    I apologize for the confusion.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  2. patmac

patmac Thread Starter

I may have been looking at the wrong drive...the one listed under "Quick Access". I removed it from there, and took a little better look under "This PC" and found the E: drive which is the DVD. All ok now, my bad.......Still not sure what/how the D: with the blue question mark got there, possibly a jump drive someone removed before it should have been....Thanks anyways

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1204746

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice