BLUE SCREEN after kaspersky installation

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Muffy7

I just installed kaspersky latest edition antivirus personal
i restarted my computer, it froze and then went to a blue screen that said something about Driver IRQ_L?

I really need to stay safe with an antivirus and after looking at online tests it seems kaspersky is the best, so there has to be something wrong with my pc, but i really need it!

please help!!!

Uninstall it and see if that irons out the problems. If it does try AVG from http://www. grisoft.com. It is pretty good.

Muffy7

yes i uninstalled and then my computer works fine
and i used to use AVG..
but when i KNEW for sure that i had a virus, and it wouldn't find it, it got me irritated and i lost trust in that program..
but i used KASPERSKY on my old computer, and it was amazing, it worked perfectly
and now this...

instead of pointing me to a nother program maybe point me in how to make this one work?
sorry if that sounded harsh, i just really want to use kaspersky :)

thanks

Try uninstalling kaspersky again and sometimes you will need to remove registry references to an application as well. Also look on the root of C: and in program files for any lingering aspects of it after you have uninstalled.

On their website they mentioned something about a patch that caused slowness. I did a google search for "kaspersky causing blue screen errors" and got a forum that had someone with this problem. He uninstalled and ran a program call regsupreme(I've never used it ) that took care of it.

I hope this app is worth it. Seems unstable to me.

On my network at work we use Trend Micro which is very good. I used to use AVG, but I don't have any viruses on my PC at home and I don't use anything.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online