1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue screen after shutdown on Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by rocky7st, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rocky7st

rocky7st Thread Starter

Sometimes after I shutdown I get this bluescreen and then my computer restarts. I check online for the error from Microsoft error report and it says my anti virus is causing the problem. I have Kaspersky Internet security 7.0 and 4 anti spyware software installed: Ad Aware, Spybot, Arovax AntiSpyware, AVG Anti-Spyware

Looking at my reliablity monitor it seems to have been occuring for over a month but that might just have been a disruptive shut down. I have only really experiencing the rebooting over the past week.

Here is the error reported

Attached Files:

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Was that the only dump file in the minidump directory?

I can't tell from that whether or not the antivirus or firewall was an issue.

I can tell you that these are one of the most common sources of BSODs, and if you got that response from the MS error report -- it probably saw a different dumpcheck than the one you have uploaded.

I would remove temporarilty whatever it reported, then if no further errors, try a reinstall of it.

I see "guard.sys" just before the crash dump -- so that might be what the MS error report was referring to -- this is either AVG or Ewido (if you have that)

3. rocky7st

rocky7st Thread Starter

Yea that's all I could find in there. I do have an AVG program so I will try and uninstall that

4. rocky7st

rocky7st Thread Starter

This is my latest dump. I uninstalled AVG spyware and it was alright until yesterday. Again when I checked for a solution online it was saying my antivirus was the problem.

Attached Files:

5. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

From your original post I just think you have an overload of "security" software installed.

Can you post a HijackThis scanlog so I can see exactly what is running >>

Download and install HijackThis. Run it and select "do a system scan and save the log file". Then copy/paste the contents of the log to a reply

http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/tools/security_tools/hijackthis

Kaspersky's has been an occasional culprit -- although the debugger is not really pointing to it.

6. rocky7st

rocky7st Thread Starter

Here you go

7. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Well I guess given what you are getting back from the MS "report", Kaspersky would have to be the suspect -- although actual bugchecks don't seem to confirm this -- I don't know what information their report is going on.

Whether this is worthwhile to pursue has to be your call -- since intermittant BSODs can be particularly hard to troubleshoot and this may pose no more than an occasional annoyance if it only occurs at shutdown.

I used to have a similar issue with Symantec on XP -- finally just uninstalled it and went with AVG ever since.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/707795

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice