1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue screen after vista load bar

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NYankeefan, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYankeefan

NYankeefan Thread Starter

Hello, well about 2 months ago I built a new about 2 months ago and I just started having this problem (Everything was running perfect before this) - specs are as follows

CPU: E8400 @ 3.00 GHZ
    Video card: Radeon 4850
    MB: Asus PK5E/Wifi - AP
    4 Gigs dual corsair ram
    OS - Vista x64 bit home premium

Okay so today I was playing a PC game and every 30 sec - 60 sec the game would freeze from anywhere between 10 sec to over a minute. While it was frozen I could still move my mouse but the game was unresponsive. I thought it was just the game but it started happening while I was surfing the internet as well. What I thought was weird was that I could sometimes alt tab to another program which wouldnt be frozen but after some time that program would freeze as well. A few hours later while I was testing the game to see if it worked the computer became totally frozen and I was unable to do anything not even move the mouse. I restarted the computer but right after vista loading bar loads I get a blue screen that says beginning dump of physical memory. This constantly happens ive tried many times now and its making it so I cant even get to my desktop.

Ive tried booting in safe mode but the same thing happens. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be? Thanks for your help

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

Did you go to the Corsair memory site and match the exact model number ( not speed) you are using to that motherboard?
    Most blue screens are cause by bad or incompatible memory so you need to run memtest 86 first and bear in mind you need to run 4 full tests and each test has 8 full passes so you need to leave the pc alone for 3-4 hours. If any errors show up at all, then you have the issue and BTW, I have seen an awful lot of bad memory from Corsair recently, the other thing though is the same is true for Asus boards for the last 2 years in my experience so I never recommend them anymore.
    www.memtest.org

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758111

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice