Blue Screen and Registry Problems

SpeedyJepp

So, after some trial and error, this command is working...

robocopy C:\ E:\system backup /s /e /v /r:1 /w:5

The r:1 means it only retries one time when the file cannot he accessed. W:5 means it retried every 5 seconds. This helped stop the problem of infinite retires. Xcopy kept running into the sufficient memory problem. The only downside with this current command and transfer is that it's taking forever. It's still going. Its on hour 31. Is that normal or is there something that could be causing it to take forever?
I never copied entry system so can't tell, there is no benefit to copy entry system, usually you just want to copy your personal data.

To find your personal data, you use following commands:

1. To navigate to C partition
C:
2. To list directories in current location
DIR
3. To go forward into some directory
cd "some directory"
4. To go back one directory
cd ..

You then copy the paths you want to your folder on external disk.
Ok, so I let it finish up the process of copying everything over. Only, it said that in the end it there wasnt enought disk space, even though I know there was plenty initially. It literally spent more than a day just copying C:\DocumentsandSettings\Cjepp\localappdata\.... I let it go just to see how long it would take in total. Nearly 70 hours!!! Needless to say I will never be copying the entire drive again. I'll be more selective. The only problem now is that my external which initially 2 TB of free space, now only has 7 MB remaining. What the heck! How is that possible. The C drive I copied over only was around 200 GB! I deleted the systembackup file so I could start over and be more selective, yet it only cleared 23 MB of space! I am so confused. Please help me :cautious:

Hello, I thought you gave up, there is somebody else having the exact same issue, and we figured out the problem is that copying entry system will consume all available physical RAM resulting in failure.

See bellow link for solution on how to copy:
https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-error-0xc0000135.1247089

he only problem now is that my external which initially 2 TB of free space, now only has 7 MB remaining. What the heck!
It looks like your external drive is NTFS file system, meaning it's possible you didn't delete copied data but instead sent them to recycle bin, make sure you empty your trash on external drive.

Another possibility could be some copied files are hidden so you couldn't simply delete them.

To display hidden and protected files you'll need to enable that option in:
Control Panel -> Folder options -> View

Please make sure not to delete required file system items, I'm not responsible if you do so!

SpeedyJepp

Hello, I thought you gave up, there is somebody else having the exact same issue, and we figured out the problem is that copying entry system will consume all available physical RAM resulting in failure.

See bellow link for solution on how to copy:
https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-error-0xc0000135.1247089

It looks like your external drive is NTFS file system, meaning it's possible you didn't delete copied data but instead sent them to recycle bin, make sure you empty your trash on external drive.

Another possibility could be some copied files are hidden so you couldn't simply delete them.

To display hidden and protected files you'll need to enable that option in:
Control Panel -> Folder options -> View

Please make sure not to delete required file system items, I'm not responsible if you do so!
Okay! I'll work this. Thank you so much :giggle:

SpeedyJepp

Okay! I'll work this. Thank you so much :giggle:
Hey, so I'm having a lot of trouble deleting all the files in the systembackup file I created. I've tried deleting all of systembackup and then emptying the trash inside my external hard drive. It only deleted some of the files. Ive tried going in and deleting files individually (even revealing hidden ones). Still only some files are deleted. A small amount relative to the whole. I've tried using someone else's computer. But the process petered out twice after 12 hours, and only ended up deleting some. Any ideas?

OK, you shouldn't really wait several hours to delete some files... please next time just abort operation if it takes more than 20 minutes (depends...)

Possible reasons for this are active antivirus protection or file permissions.

If those files are still in recycle bin then do this:
move them out of recycle bin because they shouldn't have ended up in there but deleted instead.

if there is still "systembackup" folder on your drive move trash there, if not crate new "systembackup" in your drive and move all trash those files into that folder. (this will probably take time, make sure you move small chunks)

NOTE: make sure you enable option "hide Protected operating system files(recommended)"
And probably "Don't show hidden files, folders and drives" too,
before moving random things out of trash as per my quote before:
Once trash is empty those files are out of trash, please make sure "systembackup" folder is in your hard drive root directory.

Press Windows key + R
type into run box: cmd.exe
hit OK to open command prompt

navigate inside command prompt to your external drive, for example if external drive letter is D then type:
Code:
D:
hit enter to go to D partition

Just for test list directories to make sure there is "systembackup" in output:
Code:
dir
Now if it's there, delete "systembackup" folder with bellow command:
Code:
rmdir /S /Q systembackup
This should be almost instant deletion.

Last edited:

SpeedyJepp

OK, you shouldn't really wait several hours to delete some files... please next time just abort operation if it takes more than 20 minutes (depends...)

Possible reasons for this are active antivirus protection or file permissions.

If those files are still in recycle bin then do this:
move them out of recycle bin because they shouldn't have ended up in there but deleted instead.

if there is still "systembackup" folder on your drive move trash there, if not crate new "systembackup" in your drive and move all trash those files into that folder. (this will probably take time, make sure you move small chunks)

NOTE: make sure you enable option "hide Protected operating system files(recommended)"
And probably "Don't show hidden files, folders and drives" too,
before moving random things out of trash as per my quote before:

Once trash is empty those files are out of trash, please make sure "systembackup" folder is in your hard drive root directory.

Press Windows key + R
type into run box: cmd.exe
hit OK to open command prompt

navigate inside command prompt to your external drive, for example if external drive letter is D then type:
Code:
D:
hit enter to go to D partition

Just for test list directories to make sure there is "systembackup" in output:
Code:
dir
Now if it's there, delete "systembackup" folder with bellow command:
Code:
rmdir /S /Q systembackup
This should be almost instant deletion.
The problem is, there are no files in the recycling bin. Ive emptied it, and Ive also permanently deleted about 800 GB of data using a friends computer. So, this line of problem solving is shot from the start.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online