1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue Screen + Applications Freezing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ras2k2, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ras2k2

ras2k2 Thread Starter

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me, recently my computer has been playing up quite a bit and by recently I mean the last few months.

I have random blue screens all stating different errors such as :

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

There are others but these are the most recent two.

After some investigation on the internet and a memory testing program (MEMTEST86) I came to believe these problems may be ram related, I had 2 x 2 Gig sticks of Kingston ram, and replaced them with the 4 x 2 Gig Corsair Sticks listed in the spec below.

Replacing the ram did not resolve my issue so I then thought it could be my HD, so I replaced my old 300Gb Maxtor HD with a new 1Tb WD drive, did a clean install of Windows 7 64-Bit.

Again this did not resolve my issue, I have since tried running one stick of ram in different ports on the MB, one graphics card rather than two and still have not found the cause of the problem.

One of the things I find strange about this issue is that it appears to be corrupting files on my HD also, I play eve online and am unable to run the game as it says the client has become corrupted and the repair tool will not work, meaning once again I have to download the client.

Currently I am thinking its possibly my MB is faulty or the Processor which are the only two things left..... neither of which I can easily replace / test.

I have update my MB bios to the latest version and have update all Nvidia drivers from the Nvidia site.

My Specs are as follows:

Processor : Intel Core 2 Quad Q945 @ 2.66Ghz (Never been over clocked)

Motherboard : EVGA nForce 780i Sli

Ram : Corsair Dominator 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 XMS2 PC2-8500C5 TwinX Dual Channel
    (Currently have 4 x 2Gig Sticks Installed)

Graphics : EVGA GeForce 8800GT x2 in SLi

Info from TSG SysInfo:
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate , 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9450 @ 2.66GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8190 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT , 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 953766 MB, Free - 905439 MB; D: Total - 239365 MB, Free - 30662 MB; F: Total - 476936 MB, Free - 152142 MB;
    Motherboard: EVGA , 132-CK-NF78, 2, 1
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

Files Attached

Please find last 3 crash dumps from C:\Windows\Minidump attached.

Thanks a lot for any help with this... it's driving me crazy!!!

Attached Files:

• dmp.zip
      File size:
      73 KB
      Views:
  2. ras2k2

ras2k2 Thread Starter

Anymore info needed just post a reply.

Thanks,

Rick

3. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

Two of your logs say memory corruption, and one says 'dxgmms1.sys' driver fault crashed exefile.exe (Eve Online).

If you do not have the KB974431 update installed you might give it a try: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...6f-c3d3-4cbb-8c6c-ac76c94d3d0e&displaylang=en
    You might also try rolling your Nvidia drivers back to an earlier version, as newer is not always better. Sometimes the driver manufacturers improve one thing in a new version and break something else.

4. ras2k2

ras2k2 Thread Starter

Thanks for the Reply.

Trying older graphics drivers now, although I only updated to the newest drivers to try and resolve this issue, already have the stability update installed.

5. ras2k2

ras2k2 Thread Starter

Another blue screen another dmp file....

Attached Files:

6. ras2k2

ras2k2 Thread Starter

another dmp

Attached Files:

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/963514

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice