1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue Screen at start up, no Safe Mode Pls help!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by insodoneva, May 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. insodoneva

insodoneva Thread Starter

I recently attempted defragmenting my registry with Registry Medic ( or smth like that), imidiatly after the restart I was not able to access my computer at all. Safe mode generates the same error massage as the normal start up. The Win 7 startup recovery can not fix the problem.

I'm attaching a pic of the blue screen. It flashes for a few seconds and then the computer restarts.

My hardware is as follows:
    toshiba satelite P305-S8842 Laptop
    Intel core Duo T5750
    ATI radeon 3470
    OperaTION SYSTEM: WIN 7 x64 Ultimate

Pls help, I have some very important files on my hard drive!

As for viruses , I have Avast free and Malewarebytes. I had a suspicion that a facebook application by the name of:"31 Things You Never Say To A Teacher" has added smth to the registry and that is why I attempted a clean and a defrag it in the first place. Unfortunately stupidly I did not back it up first.

Is there a way to at least save my files?

Here is the pic of the error, sorry if its a bit smuggy(it was taken with a cell phone)
    Main error code STOP: 0x0000000F4[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    You could try and use UBUNTU to copy off the data , if that works and gets the data off then you can look to rebuild the windows 7 system if necessary
    UBUNTU
    It may be possible to boot from another Operating System
    This will at least see if you can possibly get data off.

If you have another PC with a cdwriter and spare CD
    goto http://www.ubuntu.com/ and download the ISO

full details are here http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

click on the image "download ubuntu"
    Select a location
    then begin download
    Save the file onto your PC – remember where you saved it – so you can find it again to create the image bootable CD.

You do NOT copy the ISO file onto a CD - you have to use the ISO to create a bootable CD
    The CD creator software you have on the PC may have an option to create an image from an ISO
    If not - use this free program http://www.imgburn.com/

When the UBUNTU CD boots - you will see the following options
    1) Try ubunto without any change to your computer
    2) Install ubuntu
    3) Check CD for defects
    4) Test memory
    5) Boot from first hard disk.

Use OPTION 1 "Try ubunto without any change to your computer" ONLY this option this will run from the CD and not install onto your harddrive - be careful, if you do install onto the PC - you will wipe the data and software OFF your hard drive.., so repeat only use option 1

Now you should see a UBUNTU desktop
    This at least proves the main parts of the PC are working

You may see your Harddrive on the desktop - if not have in look in the places on the tool bar at the top of the screen.

If you can see your harddrive – see if you can find the your datafiles –
    XP look in “documents and settings” under the user name you had on the PC
    Vista look in “user” under the user name you had on the PC

Now if you have a USB flash drive or external harddrive – you should be able to copy your data from the harddrive onto the USB device

3. insodoneva

I tried the Ubuntu , I burned 2 CDs with Nero but they wont boot, despite the bios settings being set to CD.
    The first one just said loading and that's it(the second did not work at all)....could it be that it is 32 bit and it wont run on a 62 bit previous win 7 installation?
    Or is Nero not a good program for this?

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    it has nothing to do with windows and should just boot up as a completely self contained operating system.

If it actuall created the bootable CD from the ISO image - I posted a link to another program that is good for burning boot discs http://www.imgburn.com/

The other possibility is that you do have a hardware issue on the machine.

Do you have a recovery CD for windows 7 - DONT Write anything ONTO the harddrive, but at least see if the PC will bootup from a CD

5. insodoneva

Thank you for all the great help. I just found that the file from the Bulgarian server was corrupt, so I downloaded the UK file and it started....keep ur fingers crossed for me and my files :D

6. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    crossed (y)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/922967

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice