1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue screen BAD_POOL_CALLER; laptop won't boot, a new laptop dying?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Zumzo, Jun 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Zumzo

Zumzo Thread Starter

Hi,

I bought a new laptop - HP Compaq Presario, Intel Pentium Processor T4300 (2.1 GHz), 500 GB Hard Drive, 4 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce G 103M with 512 MB DDR2 dedicated graphics memory. After a week, i got the firs blue screen error after which it couldn't boot [i couldn't even get to BIOS).
    I was out of the country, so my friend called the service staff who told him to try to run some tests, that time it worked, he got to BIOS, ran the tests, everything was fine and the laptop started up normally. Now, 2 weeks after, I'm getting blue screens continuously, and laptop won't boot. If it boots [and it usually happens when you hit it slightly, though, i don't know if it's a conincidence], windows 7 starts up normally and everything is working fine until the next blue screen shows up, which disables my laptop all over again.

Blue screen looks like this:

BAD_POOL_CALLER

Technical information:

STOP: 0x0000000C2 (0x00000099, 0xFE8F40DC, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
    Collecting data for crash dump
    Initializing disk for crash dump
    Beginning dump of physical memory
    Dumping physical memory to disk:100
    Physical memory dump complete

Is it a software crash? Can I run Win 7 repair if I manage to boot it and how to do that? Is it my hard disk problem?
    What to do? -.-

2. gurutech

gurutech

If you can get it to work by tapping on the machine, then it doesn't sound like a software problem. It could be a bad system board or memory.

I would call HP again and see about getting service on the hardware.

3. MysticPixie

MysticPixie

Not being able to load the BIOS screams hardware problem to me.

I've had a few laptops where the Video in them died. First symptom was random blue screens, then frequent blue screens.

All of them were due to the video driver, however I could make the system stable by running in safe mode (since a basic driver was used that wouldn't put the card under stress). I could also induce isntability outside of an OS by putting load on the video which would cause video artifacts, even while the BIOS was initializing.

If you can't even make it to the BIOS sometimes, there's something up with the hardware.

4. Bernardo

Bernardo

If this is a new laptop, and you've already had this many problems with it, time to rattle someone at HP.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!