1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue Screen / /Black screen

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ronfiveo, Jun 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ronfiveo

ronfiveo Thread Starter

I was getting a blue screen (to fast to copy content) and then a black 'restart' screen.

After choosing the ' start normally ' option, it restarted, then a black screen came up stating that it could not boot ..to use a disk to
    boot from.

I used the disk I made upon my first obtaining the computer and it did not work, just need to boot from disk message.

I took it to CompUSA for a diagnostic and they said that the hard drive was bad, so I bought a new 1Tb drive.
    The next day the same thing happened as before.

I took it back to CompUSA. They told me that there was no OS on the hard drive and they refunded all costs and reloaded the OS (Windows Vista 32 Home Premium ) and when I took it home it worked fine for a week, and now it will blues screen and give me the
    black recovery screen where I choose the 'start normally ' option.
    It boots ok and seems to run ok as well.

It will not give me any problems if I keep it on, but if I shut it down and in the morning start it up it keeps giving me a blue screen with a recovery black screen with me choosing the ' start normally' option.

I have run all kinds of maleware checks and virus scans and nothing.
    I have done a memory test and it says that my memory is good.
    After reading all the 'BSOD' posts I can't find any similar problems or solutions to this problem.

All Windows Vista updates are done along with all updates from HP.
    Sow how can I fix this?

My systems information is as follows :

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1

OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+, x64 Family 15 Model 67 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3005 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 , 64 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 953866 MB, Free - 799429 MB;
    Motherboard: ECS , Nettle2, 1.0 ,
    Antivirus: Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live! Anti-Virus, Updated and Enabled

How can I fix this?

Thanks all of you for your time and consideration.

PS, I don't know how to get to the minidump files nor how to zip and upload them to this forum.

2. ronfiveo

ronfiveo Thread Starter

There's no reply help?
    Doesn't any one know how to help me solve this continuing problem?
    I need all the help I can get with this.

Thanks

3. ProtoMorph

ProtoMorph

Can you take a picture of the blue screen with even a camera and post it here?

4. ronfiveo

ronfiveo Thread Starter

I have "NirSoft Blue Screen View' would that help?
    If so, how would I post it here , do I just attach the files with 'manage attachments' button below ?

thanks
    Ron

5. BansheeHand

BansheeHand

When your computer is about to boot up, Press F8 twice to invoke Advanced Boot Options. Select "disable automatic restart" or something like that. It allows you to see the blue screen.

Either take a snapshot of the screen or write its contents down. Upload it here. Then, we can try to help you.

6. ronfiveo

ronfiveo Thread Starter

Here are some blue screens I photographed.

Attached Files:

7. ronfiveo

ronfiveo Thread Starter

I uploaded some photos of the blue screens saved with the NirSoft Blue Screen View program.
    I can also send you a text file of them is you prefer.

8. ProtoMorph

ProtoMorph

Wow thats allot of BSOD, i think its pretty evident that you have a driver problem and maybe some other ones... let research these and i'll get back to you l8rs today

9. ronfiveo

ronfiveo Thread Starter

Ok, thanks.

Ron

10. ProtoMorph

ProtoMorph

Have you recently installed anything new? Or even had a recent windows update? (By recent i mean recently before you were getting these error messages)

11. ProtoMorph

ProtoMorph

I have done some more research and every thing i have read has pointed to a bad driver....... Maybe your HDD driver has gone bad or something else. But it is really looking like a bad driver.

12. ronfiveo

ronfiveo Thread Starter

Here's the story.
    It was doing the blue screen thing, and finally would not boot even with the restore disk made in the
    beginning when I firs bought it home.
    I took it to CompUSA (the only game in town) and they told me it was a bad HDD, so I purchased a new one and they installed it.

After only 3 days, it was back to it's old tricks again, and I took it back and they said that the OS was not there. So, they re-installed the OS (Vista 32 Home Premium) and all the updates and patches (Sp1., Sp2 also) .

I updated the motherboard's BIOS from HP and all the hardware that I could.

After 9 days it's the same thing.

And that's where I am today with it.

13. ronfiveo

ronfiveo Thread Starter

14. ronfiveo

ronfiveo Thread Starter

It "blued" out again this morning and auto restarted then ran for about a minute and "blued" out again to a black screen with a cursor blinking in the upper left hand corner.
    I hard booted and now it's running.

I am attaching screen captures of the blue screen as seen by "Blue Screen View"

Thanks,
    Ron

Attached Files:

15. ProtoMorph

ProtoMorph

How old is the computer? Your errors are all over the place and no correlation that i can see other then a bad driver. You need to take it in to someone other then CompUSA and show them this thread.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1003155

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice