1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

blue screen blues--email freezes

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by sparrownightly, Jan 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sparrownightly

sparrownightly Thread Starter

Out of nowhere, when trying to download (I do it manually) my email from Outlook 2000, I get the box showing progress, but the gauge freezes midway. Then I can't close the progress box; it even stays on my desktop. Then if I try to close other ways, get message box saying:

"ThorConnWndClass unable to close", do I want to wait, etc.
    (Later, looked this up on web, and no, I do not have Norton or NT and I don't know what ThorConnWndClass even is!)

Then after trying to shut down, got blue screens:
    first screen: 0E: 0028: C0030BAB
    then a second: An exception 0E has occured at 0028: C0030610 in VxD---. This was called from 0028: C003064F in VxD---.

So, I turned off Zone Alarm, Pop-up Stopper, and EZ Trust Antivirus (all on the comuter for ages) and ran Disk Clean-up, Scandisk, Defrag, plus dumped temp files. Then restarted, ran full virus scan which found nothing.

All seemed fine, could access Web and all programs, so I cautiously tried to get my mail again. Same thing, freeze city.

What is going on?

Vital info:
    I have:
    P4 1.5, 640, Win ME, IE 5.5

Running in background:
    Explorer
    Zone Alarm
    Em_exe
    Hpsplmwa
    Rundll
    Direct CD
    Dpps2
    Hidserv
    Vettray
    Motron
    Systray
    Osd
    Hpmdlbwa
    Vetmsg9x

Clue: I might have accidentally clicked on a "permission" a few days ago, but even after days of email sends & receives, no problem til tonight.
    Also: I did create a "restore point" a few days ago, nothing much to lose, should I just try it?
    Thanks for any wisdom & aid.

2. sparrownightly

sparrownightly Thread Starter

I'm too sleepy, no repies, if there's any nightowls out there with answers, I'll look again tomorrow. Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114066

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice