1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue screen ,cant get past boot screen HELPPPPP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tom2007, Aug 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tom2007

tom2007 Thread Starter

Helo there. The other day my computer went off a blue screen appeared and it jst shut down i switched it back on and it was fine for about 15 minutes then again blue screen and shut down. Now i cant get it past the boot sctreen becasue it just crashes on that screen/If im quick i can press esc to get to the switch screen where it says mem test ok then it crashes i cant get into bios or boot device. Thinking it may be a hardware problem I changed graphics cards still saem problem and I changed the PSU still same problem. I dont have a clue what is wrong with it as it was fine the other day here are the specs.
    Packard bell Imedia 1702
    Amd 64 3200
    512 ram
    180gb hard drive
    128mb radeon 9200
    Also i am running windows vista ultimate. Any help would be appreicated thanks tom.

2. bigbear

bigbear

Check to see if the heatsink fan is spinning, sounds like a heat issue

3. tom2007

tom2007 Thread Starter

yes i forgot to say it boots to that screen like normal beeps once and yes all the fans are spinning

4. bigbear

bigbear

Go into bios and see if there is a hardware monitoring option, it should give you the cpu temps.
    Post back result

5. tom2007

tom2007 Thread Starter

Thanks for the help as i said i can't get into the bios because it crashes on the boot screen it just stay on that screen il have another try when i get home though.

6. bigbear

bigbear

Have you done any overclocking?
    Try resetting the cmos

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/608400

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice