Blue screen computer crash

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rome75

I was working on a Word doc when all of a sudden my computer went to a blue screen. It wasnt doing anything so i rebooted. But when it tries rebooting, the following message appears:

Broadcom UNDI PXE-2.1 v15.0.11
Copyright 2001-2011 broadcom corporation
Copyright 1997-2000 intel corp
All rights reserved
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM
No bootable device - insert boot disk and press any key

I press a key and the same message appears

Any suggestions on how i can get my comp up and running again?

you might want to run a check on your harddrive............. even if u think it has fixed itself............it could not find the harddrive to boot from (could be a sign of a dying HD)

rome75

thnks for the tip..mind walking me thru on how to check the HD? thx

rome75

so im in the Acer site right now. Theres a section called BIOS...is that what I need to download/run? I really need a step-by-step. I don't wanna do the wrong thing. Can someone please help?

no not bios
the brand of the harddrive..... seagate,western digital etc

right click my computer....properties.....device mgr.... disk drives

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online