1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue screen crash almost every time I play games

Discussion in 'Games' started by tony199, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tony199

tony199 Thread Starter

Hi, I recently assembled my own computer mainly for the purpose of gaming. First day after assembly, I was playing Skyrim fine and everything was going perfectly. Second day though, I was playing skyrim and suddenly everything stopped, the screen went black, and a blue screen came up saying something about having to do a memory dump and then it shutdown rebooted my computer. I freaked out but I though it was just a one time thing because then I played for another two hours without a problem. However, the next day the crash happened three more times and on the third time, instead of there being a memory dump and a whole bunch of data on my screen, there was just a few lines of text and it said "There is a problem with your hardware. Check with your hardware manufacturers." and instead of rebooting like the usual crashes, it just staying on the blue screen and I had to reboot the computer myself. So far, the only two games I've played are skyrim and WoW and it's crashed on both of these games. If anyone could please let me know what the problem might be, I would be extremely grateful. My computer specifications are as follows:

Mobo: Asus M5A97 EVO
    GFX Card: Radeon 6950 Sapphire Flex 2gb
    Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 750W V2
    Memory: 2x 4GB Ripjaw G. Skill memory (think this is a newegg product only)
    Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
    CPU cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H60
    Hard Drive: a western digital 1TB 7200rpm
    Case: Antec Lanboy Air Blue
    DVD drive: Lite-on iHAS124-04.

Thanks.

2. Megabite

Megabite

Howdy,

take a look and see if any minidumps have been created

you will find them here They are located in C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Copy the last 3 to another location put them in a folder and compress the folder zip or Rar and Go Advanced in your post then Manage Attachments and post them

Note Do not try to compress them until you have copied them to somewhere else.

3. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    In addition to Megabite suggestion, I would also look at your temperatures to ensure you aren't overheating somewhere.

Are you overclocking? If not, any reason why you have a watercooler as it really isn't necessary for stock speeds.
    You have a good power supply but there is still the chance it could be faulty, even the best manufacturers for anything have the occasional faulty item that gets shipped, so worth checking to make sure.

I use HWMonitor to get an idea of the temps and PSU outputs, however as you have an Asus board it may be worth downloading the latest version of Asus PC Probe as that will be better suited to the sensors on your board.

Also may be worth double checking you have the correct BIOS version as you need version 0402 for that CPU, check here.

4. tony199

tony199 Thread Starter

Hi guys, thanks for the feedback. I attached those minidump files to this post like you said. Also, no I am not currently overclocking because I'm just setting everything up for now and I have 5 case fans so I don't think its overheating. Also the mobo I have actually comes with a temperature and power monitor built into the bios interface.

Attached Files:

5. Megabite

Megabite

Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys

Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe

Try either updating your video driver or re-installing it to start

6. tony199

tony199 Thread Starter

So I re-installed my graphics card driver but it is still crashing on me.

7. Megabite

Megabite

About how long does it go before it crashes...and does it only crash while playing games?

8. tony199

tony199 Thread Starter

Actually it only crashed once after I installed the driver again. So far its been working fine

9. tony199

tony199 Thread Starter

Sorry to re-open this, but I'm still having problems. The crashing is still going on, just every now and then I go through a nice patch of time where no crashing occurs. So far I have tried re-installing my graphics driver and also updating it. However, now I realize it doesn't just crash when I'm playing games. I was watching a youtube video via facebook and it crashed. Also, I was just downloading a torrent and it crashed. Any help?

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029905

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice