1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BLUE SCREEN, display problem, sound card problem! where is the root!? :-(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by feasty, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feasty

feasty Thread Starter

Can anyone help me please?
    A few days ago when i tried to play an audio on my computer it was making nonsense sound, like crackling or something like that (this was just when i was running any file, including movie or music and when it was supposed to have some normal voice inside the speaker).
    A few days later, i had a noisy screen (not a voice noise). the screen was like in grids and the grid lines were made of white dots. This happens not only after windows boot, but from the first moment i power the system on. during boot process as well as when in windows window.
    After a short time in windows the BLUE SCREEN appears and says nvlddmkm.sys not working properly. well, this is about nvidia VGA driver i guess. BUT if it's a driver problem i shouldn't have it while in boot and when windows has not yet started + what was that sound problem then? are these two problems related to each other?
    I've checked the monitor, it works well with other systems, and also this chasis has the same problem when connected to other monitors.
    it was a long time i hadn't opened the chases, to try to fix these problem i opened it and found it completely dusty, i thought this may have caused overheating problem and thus the motherboard damage which has led to my "ONBOARD" SOUND and also nVidia VGA defects. i checked the bios hardware check, after about 10 minutes of system turned on, it showed 38 deg. Celsius.
    Anyone can suggest me anything, have you had similar problem before? what do you think i should take for a check, the VGA or the MOTHERBOARD (i've assembled the system about 3 years ago by myself, and every component is serviced by a different company)

MY OS IS WIN7.
    MotherBoard = asus with onboard sound
    VGA nVIDIA 512M (i don't remember, or maybe 1G)

PLEASE, CAN ANYONE HELP ME HERE? :(

2. feasty

feasty Thread Starter

helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, no one here?

3. feasty

feasty Thread Starter

SOLVED:
    dear silent nerds,
    the problem was graphic card's main chipset welds(!!!) being loosened (i don't know the exact word in English so i use the term "weld" instead :D). Overheating of VGA was the reason.

Regards ft. peace

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1046949

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice