1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue Screen - Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by gj101, Oct 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gj101

gj101 Thread Starter

okay tech superstars, I've read a few related posts but still not sure what's up with this. I am running Windows 2000 Professional and this is the message that displays with the "blue screen of death":

STOP: 0x00000001 (0xE3018040, 0X000000FF, OX00000001,OXBEA61DB9)
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

xxx ADDRESS BEA61DB9 BASE AT BEA5D000, DATESTAMP 3ecD5361 - mrxsmb.sys

Beginning Dump of Physical Memory

I only seem to get this message when online (I suppose IRQL is some internet relay thing i don't understand) and it references this specific file (mrxsmb.sys) always. I've downloaded all the latest security patches, Service packs, etc. from Microsoft.

Curiously enough, this problem only started happening when I purchase a new Shuttle AK32A motherboard. I had bought new RAM as well and I though it was defective but it turns out it wasn't. Thanks for any help or advice.

2. dai

dai

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

This is almost always a bad or corrupted driver, so I'd start with any newly installed hardware...

4. moebius

moebius

Hey, I get this message also, but the driver mentioned is almost always a windows virtual driver, like netbios.vxd or ntldr.sys...

this is very bugging, and has been increasing in frequency all the time.

i also hear a little crackle in my speakers when this happens
    Help!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169694

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice