Blue screen - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Totrec7.sys

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mileschris

Hello everyone,

A BSOD has been striking me every 3 or 4 days now. Here's what I get:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

TECHNICAL INFORMATION:

STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000006, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x89B60706)

Totrec7.sys - Address 89B60706 base at 89B5D000, Datestamp 4800819e

My specs:

Manufact.: Toshiba
Model: Satellite L305D
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-57 1.90 GHz
Memory: 3.00 GB
System type: 32-bit operating system

Please advise! Thank you!

miles

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
Edit: Let us know if the other forum where you posted this same question resolves your issue.

mileschris

I have removed Total Recorder from my computer. I'll update my situation in a week. Thanks for the reply.

Hi here is some info on your error code
0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
(Click to consult the online Win XP Resource Kit article.)
The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

Info found here http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

mileschris

Thanks for the info, joeten. Do you think the removal of Total Recorder (and its associated driver) will solve my blue screen problem?

Hi has it made any difference so far,have you tried checking you ram with memtest86+

mileschris

No problems yet, but it's been only 1 1/2 days since my last BSOD. It usually occurred every 3-4 days. If I make it to the end of the week without another BSOD, I'll assume the problem was Total Recorder.

What is memtest86+?

mileschris

I removed Total Recorder eight days ago and haven't received a BSOD since then. I'm considering this issue resolved. Thanks for all your advice. :D

Hi glad to hear it please use the thread tools near the top of the page to mark as solved

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online