Blue Screen Due to pamondrv.sys

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gbx

I started to upgrade PC-cillin from 2005 to 2006. Near the end of the installation I got the dreaded blue screen with the following messages:

Stop 0x0000008e
pamondrv.sys - Address [email protected]
Physical memory dump complete

The driver is located in the windows/system32/driver file and is dated Nov 20, 2005

What program uses this driver?

What corrective action is needed to be able to install the updated 2006 program?

Hi,

I experienced the same problem when upgrading from PC Cillin v12 to PC Cillin v14. Apparently pamondrv.sys is used by the anti spyware software from Acronis. Unfortunately, I am unable to uninstall this software from my system (neither with the uninstall feature of Acronis itself, nor with the uninstall function within Windows XP, nor with other uninstall software).

The helpdesk of TrendMicro has not yet come up with any answers for me. I will also turn to Acronis on how to get rid of their software.

In the end, have you succeeded in installing PC Cillin v14?

Regards

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online