1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue Screen, Dumping Memory!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by filerz, Oct 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. filerz

filerz Thread Starter

Hey, i had a problem with my comp where i was getting major slow downs, and blue screen error messages, well long story i coudnt wipe it either as it coudnt find a partion and needed drivers or something :S. well i left it for a week and suddenly it let me wipe it.. so i have a fresh install of windows vista now.

It was all going well until... i started getting MAJOR slow downs, where id be on msn messenger and it would say it is not responding, and it would take forever to load.. eventually i got a Blue screen saying something about dumping physical memory, then it would restart itself.

Whats going on? Please help.

Cheers.

2. filerz

filerz Thread Starter

Any help?

3. jazz3000

jazz3000

4. filerz

filerz Thread Starter

Oh ive had this comp for ages and avent changed any memory around, just suddenly happened.

5. jazz3000

jazz3000

But memory does eventually go bad and suddenly. How long has it been since you've dusted the thing out? Have you tried cleaning the seats up and reinserting the sticks.
    Jazz

6. filerz

filerz Thread Starter

Ill clean it 2nighrt or 2moz and report back.

7. filerz

filerz Thread Starter

I did a windows repair thing for the installation CD and it said the root of the problem was... A hardd disk could not be found. If a harddisk is installled, it is not responding.?????

8. jazz3000

jazz3000

If you cleaned it you may have loosened the cable to either the motherboard or the HD itself. Check both ends of the cable and the jumper on the Disc and try it again.
    In your bios is your HD showing up? (Might be the root of the entire problem your having) Let me know what happens...Jazz

9. filerz

filerz Thread Starter

I aint cleaning it yet :p
    Ill clean it 2morow probz as i am busy 2mooz.
    thnks anyway

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/760541