Blue Screen Error/corrupt files/SSD failure?

Circu

I have been having blue screen errors since April and have tried various things to fix it and figure out what to do with my computer. I contacted the manufacturer and they had me run SeaTools for Windows and the generic long test using this software was FAIL. I was instructed by them to replace the SSD and got one from them that is just sitting around because I don't want to do it myself right now since it still runs. I was also instructed by Microsoft back then to DL and reinstall Windows which a technician did for me remotely. It has the blue screen error still (twice this month) and one game I tried to play called Life is Strange freezes constantly and now another game as well yesterday. Bluescreenview says "Critical Process Died" for the blue screen error and says the driver is "ntoskrnl.exe". In trying to figure this out myself in searching Google I ran SFC and it said "found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them". I also ran DISM and it says error 0x800f081f...the source files could not be found. I have no idea if I can fix this myself with your help or whether I should just take my computer to a repair shop to change the SSD and do a reinstall of Windows again. Is this definitely a SSD problem? If it is why does System File Checker say there are corrupt files as well? Any help would be appreciated.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20200126201721.000000-300
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10, CPU Count: 12
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (262 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASRock B360M IB-R1, s/n M80-BA028004408
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

That is a corrupted boot volume most likley Ssd drive needs repacement. Especially if a reinstall of Windows did nothing to fix it. As a general rule BSODs are almost all bad hard drive(or Ssd) or bad or incompatible ram anyway.

Sounds like the HDD/SSD can no longer read and write files reliably. And unfortunately, the only solution is to replace the flaky drive.

(Tip: There is no software that can fix broken hardware).

Circu

Thank you I will take it in to a repair shop and have them look at it and replace the SSD with the one I have because I don't think I can do it well myself. I want a professional to do it and do it well. I hope they will come to the same conclusion and that that fixes it once and for all. Any tips on how I can get my computer to the state it is now? I have my pictures and music in an external Passport. I have to download and reinstall all the programs I have again right? Any shortcuts? Any way to get an image of my SSD onto the new drive?

Yes, with a clean install of Windows you would need to reinstall your programs.

Yes, you could clone your current drive to a new one. Problem is, you would be copying the corrupt files. At least you would have a backup of your stuff ... that hopefully is not all damaged as well.

Macrium Reflect 7 Free Edition can do the cloning for you.

And, once you get everything back the way you like it on a new drive, do yourself a favor and use Macrium to do at least monthly backups so that you don't have to go through all of this headache again. (y)

Doc is correct of course but one of the things you need to realize is cloning or making image files of a bad drive is difficult to do and most software will not be able to complete it, nevertheless it is still worth a try so as not to lose files and data.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online