1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue Screen Error due to Screen or Speakers?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by caleb89sw, Apr 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. caleb89sw

caleb89sw Thread Starter

Hello. Recently we've been getting "Blue Screen Errors" on our Windows XP. The most common one is called "Blue Screen error caused by a device or driver." Since they mention a likely hardware or software problem, I suspect our computer screen or speakers might be to blame.

A couple months ago, we hooked up a screen and speakers from different brands. I think the screen's brand name is Westinghouse and the model number is LCM-17v8, and I think the speakers brand name is The Digital Experience inc., Model number gem 2.0 USB.

We've also gotten other error messages along with this one, such as "Address a problem with your computer", also strongly suggesting a problem with hardware, and "Troubleshoot a problem with your audio software". Is it possible that the screen or speakers may be incompatible with the computer, resulting in these errors, or would it be something else? Thanks!

2. Nebastion

Nebastion

Hi and welcome to TSG!

Did you get a disk with the Speakers to install Drivers for your sound card of Some kind of New sound software?

Was there a code alond with the BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death)
    EG:

Stop 0x0000000A or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

(If its a hardware incompatibility problem the code would be similar to the one Above)

In any case do the Following:

1. Click on Start and then Control Panel.
    2. Click on the Performance and Maintenance link.
      Note: If you're viewing the Classic View of Control Panel, you won't see this link. Simple double-click on the System icon and proceed to Step 4.
    3. In the Performance and Maintenance window, click on the System icon near the bottom of the window.
    4. In the System Properties window, click on the Hardware tab.
    5. With the Hardware tab selected, click on the Device Manager button.
    Now when you get here what we are looking for is anything that has a little YELLOW EXCLAMATION mark beside it. (hopefully a sound related icon)

[​IMG]

Regards
    Neb.

3. caleb89sw

caleb89sw Thread Starter

Thanks for responding.

We didn't get a disk at all when we got the speakers. A friend of ours gave them to us to replace our old ones because they were damaged, But, no. We didn't get anything like that.

I don't know about the code on the BSOD. We would rarely get the actual screen, but instead an error message telling us of a blue screen error.

I checked out the sound section on Device Manager, but found no exclamation marks near an icon. Here's a list of our sound related items on Device Manager, in case i'm missing something...
    -Audio Codecs
    -Legacy Audio Drivers
    -Legacy Video Capture Devices
    -Media Control Devices
    -Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) audio controller
    -Video Codecs

Thanks for your assistance!

4. Nebastion

Nebastion

Download Malwarebytes. <<click < link < to < begin < download<<
    Install it, update it, Restart your computer and then do a quick scan with it, and post the log Here.

Also Download and Install CUPID HW monitor Just to See what your Temps are like.

If you are able Re-seat or Swap around Your RAM sticks. You Can See Instruction for this HERE.
    If there is any doubt in your mind about this, DONT DO IT.

Let me Know how your Gettin on.

Regards
    Neb.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916073

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice