1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue Screen Error Happening Alot

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by outbreak, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. outbreak

outbreak Thread Starter

Well im stumped, ive been a moderate pc user for about 9yrs now and this has me stumped i dont work with windows itself thats why im here im more into Web Programs etc.... Anyway im getting the Following Blue Screen Error: 0x0000008E, This error is happening 5-10 times per day, Sometimes it will be random sometimes it wont. It happens alot when i use mozilla to browse or download files and it happens when im not using mozilla also. Its just getting VERY annoying, would appreciate feedback, Thanks.

2. steven1350

steven1350

which version of windows are you using?

3. idowindows

idowindows

4. outbreak

outbreak Thread Starter

Running Windows XP Home.

5. outbreak

outbreak Thread Starter

Well im up to date on that running Win XP home SP2, Might be the memory though. I did add another 512mb of memory bringing it to 1.2GB might try removing the 256MB stick and leave it at 1Gb and see if that helps.

6. idowindows

idowindows

Before removing, why not go here http://www.memtest.org/ download and run to see if memory passes tests?

Let us know...

7. outbreak

outbreak Thread Starter

didnt know exactly what to run or how to run it but i did the memory test and it said under PASS: 1 and under Errors: 280 :confused:.

any ideas? and if theres a way to copy the errors and have it write them to a file so you could see let me know. I believe the errors showed on test either 4-5 of the 8 tests. Thanks.

8. MrTRiX

MrTRiX

1 Error is to many errors for memory, you got bad memory most likely. Any red in memtest means bad memory usually and could easily cause bluescreens.

9. outbreak

outbreak Thread Starter

how do i find which stick it is? ive gotten 3 sticks, 2 512mb and 1 256mb. and that test really takes forever took over 3 hrs to finish the last time

10. idowindows

idowindows

You'll have to try one stick at a time to find the culprit - I would start with that 256mb stick simply because it's not the same capacity as the other two but it could be any of them...

11. outbreak

outbreak Thread Starter

will do that tommorow, funny thing is all games run fine with it just certan programs cause it.

12. techkid

techkid

First Name:
    David
    Which programs are these, that cause a BSOD? Do they happen when you first open them, or when you perform a particular action, or just randomly?

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/535706

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice