1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue Screen, Error Message, Frustration, etc..

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by exnavymike, Jul 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. exnavymike

exnavymike Thread Starter

Hello everyone,

I could use some help.

I'll give a little background first.

A few months ago my laptop, I have a Compaq Presario V4000, started shutting down without notice and it was also getting very hot. I called some local repair shops and was told I probably needed to get the fan cleaned out. So I decided to open it up and see if I could clean it. Sure enough it was all clogged up with dust. I cleaned it up and it no longer overheats. However I now get a blue screen with the following error code.

BCCode : f4 BCP1 : 00000003 BCP2 : 82AEC530 BCP3 : 82AEC6A4
    BCP4 : 805C773E OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

C:\DOCUME~1\Michael\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER4dde.dir00\Mini070707-01.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\Michael\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER4dde.dir00\sysdata.xml

I also have the yellow question mark at the other devices in device manager. The other device is my video controller and video controller (VGA Compatible). Both of those say that the driver is not installed but when I click on the install driver nothing is found.

I have attached some minidumps. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. devil_himself

devil_himself

Attached Files:

3. BobJam

BobJam

Have seen these "minidump" files and these "BugCheck" files on several posts now.

Coupla' questions on these:

1. Does the minidump folder (C:\Windows\Minidump) ONLY get created when there's a crash, or is it supposed to always be there, only empty if there's no event to log??

My settings in System have this minidump folder as a "64K" thing, but I can't find any minidump folder on my C drive (I've never had a crash, if that makes any difference).​

2. I downloaded and tried to open up (with Notepad) some of the minidump files that were attached, but all I got was code gobbldygook. How can you get those things into plain english??

3. How do you get that "Bugcheck" text file??​

4. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

5. o_ilove

o_ilove

6. exnavymike

exnavymike Thread Starter

I downloaded a new driver and the yellow question mark is gone, so it seems that is solved.

I will test the memory and see if that comes up with anything.

Thank you for the help.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!