1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue screen error on shutdown

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by skwiss, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. skwiss

skwiss Thread Starter

I'm having a weird issue where I get a blue screen error on shutdown. It hasn't occurred while running windows applications. It started happening a few days ago. I believe that day I was setting up drivers for Lib-usb to run a ps3 controller as a joystick. It required me to install microsoft visual C++ 2008 Express edition and of course, the driver itself.

The last couple of days have been pretty busy, I've been doing a lot of work on PC. I believe I also updated my Nvidia drivers to incorporate photoshop CS4's new OpenGL support. That should be about all that I have installed, though.

Here's my system specs, and blue screen report.

Gateway FX 6802 with:
    Windows 7 home premium (64 bit)
    Intel i7 920 clocked at 2.67ghz(stock speed)
    12Gb memory
    1Tb Hdd
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 1000007e
    BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
    BCP2: FFFFF880050932FD
    BCP3: FFFFF880057AD878
    BCP4: FFFFF880057AD0D0
    OS Version: 6_1_7600
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\040610-19125-01.dmp
    C:\Users\skwissgarr\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-31122-0.sysdata.xml

I appreciate any help with this error. I can download HJT and post a report if needed.

Edit: I have uninstalled Libusb and rolled back my nvidia drivers btw. This didn't help.

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

That change is a good possibility for the fault -- as I have seen that particular issue before with that type of ps3 USB controller driver. A system restore would be the easiest fix to test. These can be undone if not helpful.

But some memory dumps might confirm this.

I can run a debugging utility on the dump files if you do this:

1 > create a new folder on the desktop and call it "dumpcheck" or whatever you like
    2 > navigate to c:\windows\minidump and copy the last few minidump files to that folder. *this assumes 'c' is your boot drive, if it is not, subsitute accordingly
    3 > close the folder and right click on it and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    4 > use the "manage attachments" in the "advanced" reply window to upload that zip file here as an attachment.

If you do not see any minidumps, be sure you are not using any cache cleaner such as CCleaner. Also run sysdm.cpl and select Advanced > Startup and Recovery. Make sure "small memory dump" is the one chosen under "write debugging information" and the location should be %systemroot%\minidump

3. skwiss

skwiss Thread Starter

Thank you for the quick reply, Rollin' Dog.
    I did a system restore back to the point before I had installed the ps3 sixaxis driver. This resolved the blue screen problem on shut-down. You have my best regards.

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

You're most welcome -- it's a good idea to mark the thread "Solved" using the tag at the upper left if all is well :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915108

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice