1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue Screen Error STOP 0x24

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jdavies35, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdavies35

jdavies35 Thread Starter

I have tried to boot my computer but keep getting this same blue screen error. I have tried starting in safe mode and all the F8 and F12 options and still the same blue screen error. I cannot run CHKDSK /F as instructed because I cannot get away from the blue screen. I do not have my installation CD either. I have been trying to sort this for 2 days but to no avail. I am using a Dell Dimension 5150 PC with Windows XP Home edition operating system. I have run a system tree test and everything passes.

Can anyone help? I am at my wits end.

Many thanks.

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

you are going to need a cd now or soon anyhow so suggest getting one

could try but up to you as risks involved:

turn off remove power totally, remove side of comp...if you have a graphics crad remove it if you have more than 1 stick of ram remove all but 1 remove small silver battery for a minute put it back put graphics lead onto mobo vga outlet (if you had a card) re boot if no good then you need a disc or repair cd or a computer shop to sort out your hard drive

3. jdavies35

jdavies35 Thread Starter

Thanks for info. Unfortunately not experienced enough to try what you are suggesting as I wouldn't know where to start!!! Will get an installation cd and try to run chkdsk /f as this seems to be the only option that I would be able to try.

Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974831

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice