Blue Screen Error STOP 0x24

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jdavies35

I have tried to boot my computer but keep getting this same blue screen error. I have tried starting in safe mode and all the F8 and F12 options and still the same blue screen error. I cannot run CHKDSK /F as instructed because I cannot get away from the blue screen. I do not have my installation CD either. I have been trying to sort this for 2 days but to no avail. I am using a Dell Dimension 5150 PC with Windows XP Home edition operating system. I have run a system tree test and everything passes.

Can anyone help? I am at my wits end.

Many thanks.

daz1

Banned
you are going to need a cd now or soon anyhow so suggest getting one

could try but up to you as risks involved:

turn off remove power totally, remove side of comp...if you have a graphics crad remove it if you have more than 1 stick of ram remove all but 1 remove small silver battery for a minute put it back put graphics lead onto mobo vga outlet (if you had a card) re boot if no good then you need a disc or repair cd or a computer shop to sort out your hard drive

jdavies35

Thanks for info. Unfortunately not experienced enough to try what you are suggesting as I wouldn't know where to start!!! Will get an installation cd and try to run chkdsk /f as this seems to be the only option that I would be able to try.

Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online