1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue Screen Error, Windows shut down to prevent damage

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by robertacentralfl, Sep 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robertacentralfl

robertacentralfl Thread Starter

Hi, I have been getting this Blue Screen Error more and more often when I start my computer. In brief it says windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer...

*Check you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the Mfg for driver updates. Try changing Video Adapters.

*Check with your hardware vendor for any Bios Memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced StartUp Options, & then select safe mode.

*Technical Info **stop: 0x0000008E (0x60000053), 0x804E37EE, OxF7BCC71C, OX0000000 *Beginning dump of physical memory. physical memory dump complete. Contact your system adm or Tech support group for further assistance.

When I send an error report, I get these instructions back:
    Blue screen error caused by a device or driver

You received this message because a hardware device, its driver, or related software has caused a blue screen error. This type of error means the computer has shut down abruptly to protect itself from potential data corruption or loss. In this case, we were unable to detect the specific device or driver that caused the problem.
    The following troubleshooting steps might prevent the blue screen error from recurring. Try them in the order given. If one step does not solve the problem, then move on to the next one.
    Steps to solve this problem (Summary)
    Download and install the latest updates and device drivers for your computer
    Scan your computer for viruses
    Check your hard disk for errors

I have scanned with several Virus programs including Norton, Malwarebytes, Super AntiSpyware, and a web based Micro Tech.
    I also have spent hours searching for Driver Updates for my ProSavage DDR 420 430, 5333 8D04, P4VP-MX; but find none for my mother Board P4VP-MX.

Norton Speed Disk says that memory is 61% used with 28GB free 14% Fragmented. I am going to run this again tonight. I have run Check Disk several times.

My computer is a Cisnet which I think Comp USA built in their back room. I supplied detailed Computer System info, but since this is my first post, I don't know where it shows. I have backed up and burned a CD as I am concerned that a crash is coming. Any ideas, experience, Now What?
    Roberta

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/862117

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice