Blue screen error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fpmm25

I have a windows Me operating system.
While surfing on the internet, I looked away from the computer and came back to a blue screen of death with error stating that there was an error in File name: PCIMP(01) +00001DOE Error: OE:0028.C29F9ECE
What is PCIMP refer to? and how do I fix this error?
Thanks.

If you can't resolve the error completely a workaround may be to set all power managment suspend features to "never". But have a look at this tech article and locate the files mentioned. Right Click on each and select Properties > Version. Let's see if you have the right version numbers for WinME.

http://www.techadvice.com/w98/errors/2/er_00188.htm

fpmm25

Thanks for the link.
For the pci.vxd one the version number was: 4.90.0.3000 and for the pcimp.pci the version number was: 4.90.0.3000 .
How do I find out if I have the right version number for windows me?
If I was to set all the power management suspend features to "never" is that by going into control panel - settings - power options and setting everything to never?.
Thanks

Those are the right WinME versions. They are higher than the "fix" versions, so no help there.

Has this error been repeating? Unless it does, and you can see that it occurs after a period of inactivity, there isn't much point in changing power management settings.

But yes, the power management applet is where you change those settings. There are drop down menus for the monitor, hard disk, and system.

fpmm25

It hasn't been repeating, only saw it today and was curious so thanks for your help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online