1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue screen error

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by fpmm25, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fpmm25

fpmm25 Thread Starter

I have a windows Me operating system.
    While surfing on the internet, I looked away from the computer and came back to a blue screen of death with error stating that there was an error in File name: PCIMP(01) +00001DOE Error: OE:0028.C29F9ECE
    What is PCIMP refer to? and how do I fix this error?
    Thanks.

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

If you can't resolve the error completely a workaround may be to set all power managment suspend features to "never". But have a look at this tech article and locate the files mentioned. Right Click on each and select Properties > Version. Let's see if you have the right version numbers for WinME.

http://www.techadvice.com/w98/errors/2/er_00188.htm

3. fpmm25

fpmm25 Thread Starter

Thanks for the link.
    For the pci.vxd one the version number was: 4.90.0.3000 and for the pcimp.pci the version number was: 4.90.0.3000 .
    How do I find out if I have the right version number for windows me?
    If I was to set all the power management suspend features to "never" is that by going into control panel - settings - power options and setting everything to never?.
    Thanks

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Those are the right WinME versions. They are higher than the "fix" versions, so no help there.

Has this error been repeating? Unless it does, and you can see that it occurs after a period of inactivity, there isn't much point in changing power management settings.

But yes, the power management applet is where you change those settings. There are drop down menus for the monitor, hard disk, and system.

5. fpmm25

fpmm25 Thread Starter

It hasn't been repeating, only saw it today and was curious so thanks for your help.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116023

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice