tommycernig

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
Laptop: Lenovo Yoga 720
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19043, Installed 20201021035225.000000-300
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9, CPU Count: 8
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 450 GB (149 GB Free); D: 24 GB (22 GB Free); E: 931 GB (375 GB Free);
Motherboard: LENOVO LNVNB161216, ver SDK0J40709 WIN, s/n MP1DX2HF
System: LENOVO, ver LENOVO - 1, s/n MP1DX2HF
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated / Malware-Bytes Antimalware

I've had this laptop for a few years now so it's out of warranty but just recently I started having horrible blue screen issues. I've tried running diagnostic scans, virus and malware detection, and updated windows and all drivers and nothing has worked. I do quite a bit of gaming but I'm careful to watch temps and even have a cooling pad I constantly use. I have no idea what could cause it to blue screen so often and when it does, it stays locked at 0% when trying to fix and reboot. The error also does not provide any meaningful information to help me identify the cause of the error. Please if you know any fixes help me out.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hi, and welcome to TSG. I moved your problem to our Windows 10 forum for now.

The error also does not provide any meaningful information to help me identify the cause of the error.
The error message details may be of help to someone else here to help you. Answering some of the following questions may also help someone here to narrow down the possible causes of the blue screen.

Does the problem only happen when you are playing games? Does it also occur if you just let the laptop just sit running idle for a while?

it stays locked at 0% when trying to fix and reboot.
Is that right after it Blue Screened or after it has been shut off (and cooled off) for a while?

tommycernig

Hi, and welcome to TSG. I moved your problem to our Windows 10 forum for now.

The error message details may be of help to someone else here to help you. Answering some of the following questions may also help someone here to narrow down the possible causes of the blue screen.

Does the problem only happen when you are playing games? Does it also occur if you just let the laptop just sit running idle for a while?

Is that right after it Blue Screened or after it has been shut off (and cooled off) for a while?
It happens when running idle and usually after trying to launch games. I don't think it's an overheating issue because it doesn't really even get warm. The error says CRITICAL_PROCESS_ERROR I'm pretty sure but I will update the next time it happens to me.

blues_harp28

Hi, some reasons for Blue Screens
New hardware or Software installed.
Device driver or Video driver, corrupted or faulty.
Faulty Ram - Overheating - Dying hard drive, etc.
======
The next time it blue screens post the Minidump files
Create a new folder on the desktop and call it dumpfiles [or something similar]
Look in c:\windows\minidump
Copy the last 4 minidump files to that folder.

Close the folder and right click on it and select Send To Compressed [zipped] Folder.
Windows will compress the file and then save the new zipped file in the same location.
Attach the zip folder by using the 'Upload a File' button.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online