1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue Screen Error

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by mark36001, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark36001

mark36001 Thread Starter

This is the deal. When I boot up I get a blue screen followed by stop error oxooooc1F5. During the boot up process it appears to be booting fine, first the Dell splash screen (Bios), then it goes to a screen that says Launch Start up Repair or Start Windows Normally, no matter what I try it ends up at the blue screen. I've tried to go into safe mode but that doesnt work. I've tried to boot to the Windows reinstall disk but I get the blue screen once again. I've tried pretty much everything and nothing works. My research has come up with a patch or update that could be the problem but I dont know how to fix it without being able to get into the system. It's a Dell Dimension running Windows Vista basic. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks Mark

2. RootbeaR

RootbeaR

"Here's the real fix. Like any other fix, you need access to another computer. I downloaded a copy of the newest stable Ubuntu 7.10 operating system and burned it to a cd-r. It has a great Live CD feature that allows you to enter the Linux environment by booting from the cd-r. I then used a handy usb hard drve connection tool I bought for twenty bucks from Newegg. I was immediately told of a mounting failure when I tried to access the main partition. Ubuntu was prepared however, and produced a dialogue box that told me exactly what to do. After typing a command at the prompt, the partition was forced to mount and I was able to back up all the files on the bad drive to my archive drive. Whew! It was all downhill from there. I replaced the hard drive, formatted the drive using Seagate's Disk Tools and rebooted the computer using the recovery disks.

Success! How sweet it is.

Update: Apparently, Microsoft is offering free tech assistance for issues related to or caused by the installation of SP1. That sure beats paying the 59 dollar call charge. They can be contacted at : 866/727-2338."
    http://ezpcsolutions.biz/TroubleUnderFire.htm

Sorry, but every thread in the google search points to a re-install.
    http://www.google.ca/search?q=oxooo...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758020

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice