1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

blue screen errore

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rakphg, Aug 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rakphg

rakphg Thread Starter

hey yall so i have the blue screen of death thanks to a little kid i no longer like. the laptop says i need to restart the laptop so i puch restart but it just keeps saying i need to free up space on the laptop to the new windows update or something idk but is there anyone that can help me out?

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

You can still get into Windows right? Then start deleting things you no longer use. I assume you are using Windows 10. Please confirm.

You can also run Administrative Tools > Disk Clean up. Be aware that after the first scan it does, there is a button to press so it does an in depth scan and that will find more things you can remove. Then let it remove them.

Another thing you can do is eliminate the sleep mode file save folder, that can be several GB.Right click on Command and choose Run as Admin. Then type in "powercfg /h off" .

Then go to the downloads folder and delete old setup programs you no longer use. That will free up some space.

Windows needs around 50GB free space generally to do it's own things. A big Windows Update could require a bit more.

3. rakphg

rakphg Thread Starter

hey mate nah icant get into windows at all my laptop just keeps saying i need to restart it but when i do that nothing happens it just says the same thing. but once i try anything it says theres no space for the update. i only uded that laptop for uni so there sisnt much stuff on it. i have honestly tried everything. even tried some windows system32 commands and still didnt work

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

You need to get into the system and then try a few things. Go download MS Media Creation Tool on another PC. Run it and Generate a Windows setup DVD / USB memory stick. Boot with that, on the second screen choose Repair. Find the command prompt. Try C: D: E: until you find the \Windows folder, then you have found your original drive C. Then CD into \Windows\System32 and run cleanmgr.exe which is Disk Cleanup mentioned in above post. That should start scanning for things to remove.

The powercfg command may not work because you are not booting with your own system but using the setup disk.

Then go to the downloads folder and delete old setup programs you no longer use. That will free up some space.

5. rakphg

rakphg Thread Starter

thank you ill give this a try

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1232190

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice