1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue Screen Errors! Please Help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by qasimuk, Sep 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. qasimuk

qasimuk Thread Starter

Hi

After successfully receiving help regarding some other issue, I am once again back for help.

I have started receiving blue screen errors such as Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area or just a general message: a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer,

Please guys I really need help as within 5 mintes of startup this happens, I am quite lucky to get this posted without it crashing,

Thanks

2. The_Oracle

The_Oracle

re-seat you memory modules on the motherboard. to check your memory modules, download Memtest86, unzip and create a bootable CD from the ISO image. boot from this CD and run all tests.

3. Frank4d

Frank4d Trusted Advisor

Look in C:\Windows\Minidump for crash dump files with a DMP extension. ZIP some recent ones (5-6) and post here as a ZIP or RAR file. Debug analysis of the files usually points to the problem.

4. qasimuk

qasimuk Thread Starter

only have three files all uploaded using winrar,

please let me know what you find asap,

Thanks

Attached Files:

5. Frank4d

Frank4d Trusted Advisor

The 09/02 error is 1000008E, {c0000005, aad29c35, f7961a5c, 0} in SYMTDI.SYS which is a Symantec AV system file.
    The 09/15 #1 error is 50, {f793e262, 1, 8701f150, 0} in ntkrnlmp.exe which is a part of Windows.
    The 09/15 #2 error is 1000008E, {c0000005, 8056ef49, a8177240, 0} in SYMEVENT.SYS which is a Symantec AV system file.

Nothing definitive since they are all different. I would run a memory test http://www.memtest.org/ since many time random blue screens are caused by RAM. And since two of the errors involved Symantec, check the Symantec website to see if there are help articles related to your blue screen codes.

If this is the same PC that had the Virtumonde infection two weeks ago and this only started happening since then, I would suspect Virtumonde (or what was done to remove it) may be the problem.

6. qasimuk

qasimuk Thread Starter

Hi

Errors are getting worse and everytime i switch the computer on i get a message saying windows has recovered from a serious error, here is the latest minidump file attached,

Thanks

Attached Files:

7. qasimuk

qasimuk Thread Starter

another error this time bad_pool_header, file attached,

plz plz help

Attached Files:

8. Frank4d

Frank4d Trusted Advisor

The first one (post #6) was a DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL error C5, {3dc938c4, 2, 1, 805505a1}, probably caused by PCIIDEX.SYS. Since it is a one time occurence, there could be a problem with that driver (or a completely unrelated one).

A Microsoft recommended procedure for editing the registry to enable the special pool feature to isolate the actual cause of pool damage is here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/188831/EN-US/

After enabling the feature, you have to wait for the PC to crash again and analyze the resulting minidump.

Did you try the suggestions offered in post #2?

9. Frank4d

Frank4d Trusted Advisor

The second one was BAD_POOL_HEADER, {20, e54e38a8, e54e38f8, c0a0221} error in SRTSP.SYS which is a Symantec AV driver.

Two of your earlier blue screens were also Symantec related. If testing the memory doesn't find a problem, I would try reinstalling your Symantec products (or replacement).

10. qasimuk

qasimuk Thread Starter

after running driver verifeir i received this on reboot;

stream.sys+705a at F692605A

plz plz help

11. Frank4d

Frank4d Trusted Advisor

Which may not mean anything. Try The_Oracle's suggestions from post #2.

12. qasimuk

qasimuk Thread Starter

hi

i tried to run memtest from a floppy but once the computer restarts there is only writing on the left of the screen and nothing seems to be happening, is this how it should be?

13. Frank4d

Frank4d Trusted Advisor

Memtest should boot the PC and run by itself. It looks like this:
    [​IMG]

It should be allowed to run for a few errors and the bottom of the screen should not turn red (errors).

14. qasimuk

qasimuk Thread Starter

i definitely did not get that screen, can you kinldy give me the download link and instructions on how to use this sfotware, will be much appreciated,

thanks

15. Frank4d

Frank4d Trusted Advisor

For the floppy disk version download this zip file: http://www.memtest.org/download/1.70/memtest86+-1.70.floppy.zip and extract the files.
    Follow these instructions which are in a readme.txt file in the download:

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/624240