1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue Screen Errors????????????

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Dan Mc, Sep 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dan Mc

Dan Mc Thread Starter

OK...I use Win 98SE...I tried entering WinMx and got the follwiong error messages (after runing a full dsk scan and AV scan)

- 0028:C02F 277B in VXD NAVP(02) + 000198DB

- 2 FEF: 016F6B7

- 17DS: 0167268B

- 0246: 016747FB

How do I fix this????? THANKS! (I did load Zone Alarm, but removed it...I think!)

2. Dan Mc

Dan Mc Thread Starter

Had to change my email....just making sure this post has the right one!

3. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Not sure what you mean by "entering" WinMx, does that mean you installed it?

This error is pointing to Norton Antivirus:

0028:C02F 277B in VXD NAVP(02) + 000198DB

If the problem is just specific to WinMx, I'll move you to the All Other Software Forum...

4. Dan Mc

Dan Mc Thread Starter

Rog,

Not sure what the deal is, but I installed ZA and Win MX and ZA was a pain!

If the error refers to Norton...how do I fix that (since it seems to be the culprit)???

5. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Well the first thing I would do is try disabling Norton and see if you are error free. If you are, then there is clearly a compatibility problem. I don't know whether removing and reinstalling one or the other might help, or there is some other workaround.

You may need to run msconfig and uncheck all Nav/Symantec related entries under the the Startup tab to test whether the issue is completely NAV related.

Also if you have an entry for WinMX there, you can try unchecking it and instead running it manually from the Start Menu.

I'm not personally familiar with WinMx, but I've seen many questions addressed and answered regarding conflicts with firewalls and other issues handled in the All Other Software forum.

It may be a timing issue regarding how it is started, for example before the desktop loads (automatically from a registry/run entry), or after (starting it manually).

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!