Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Screen "Inaccessible boot device"

479 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Chrisca 
#1 ·
Hello, My 1 year old DELL desktop Inspiron 3670 had starting issues and DELL sent someone to replace the mother board (as the amber light code indicated mother board problem). The computer worked fine for about 6 days then it shut itself down in the middle of simply watching a Youtube video. The attempt to restart the PC only resulted in an increasing fan sound/booting sound (?), but nothing happened. DELL sent out another tech to replace the recently replaced mother board and the computer starts but does not go beyond a blue screen, showing "Inaccessible boot device". The DELL tech guy did only know about Hardware and left me to deal with DELL. The Basic warranty team now says that my problem has nothing to do with the exchanged hardware and I need to purchase their Software package to get their help. Seems unfair and I am looking for help as $100 is a bit much, not knowing if they can even fix this. I tried to reset the system to a previous date, but system could not reboot. Any suggestions? Thank you all very much

#3 ·
DELL sent out another tech to replace the recently replaced mother board
It's most likely that the tech didn't change the boot option (most don't...) Go into the BIOS and change the option (if its on legacy, use UEFI and vice versa)

I hope the tech at least put in the right service tag... what is the service tag of this machine?

#4 ·
Thank you Couriant, I will look into the BIOS settings tomorrow. Regarding the Service Tag, the PC shows on the original sticker DRFT613, but when I extended the warranty DELL changed my service tag to DRFT513. This has already caused some problems with the support team who could not finding my warranty extension and information. Do you think that could play a role with this issue too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.