Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Screen 'Infinite Loop'

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  flavallee 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I have recently acquired a Dell Dimension 4600i Computer that operates with Windows XP and every time I go to load ANY kind of video games I get what's known as the 'Blue Screen Of Death' error message that states my driver ati2evxx.exe is stuck in an infinite loop. :confused::confused:

How would I resolve this? To give a quick back story I have already done a fair bit of repairing on this system already. When I received the system it would not load windows XP after the loading screen it would black screen. To resolve this I booted safe mode, Ran Anti-Virus, then un-installed the 'Display Drivers' which are 128 DDR ATI Radeon Pro & 128 DDR ATI Radeon Pro Sec.

After doing this XP loaded fine (Just in a-lot worse of a picture quality) Then I re-downloaded the drivers for my computers Radeon 9800 graphics card and everything is working great, except for when I load any games then I get the blue screen. This also happens when I test the Direct3D capabilities in dxdiag it completely crashes my system on test 9 :(

Any ideas guys and I'd really appreciate the help here's my specs:

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100427-1636)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
System Model: Dimension 4600i
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A09
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
Memory: 1534MB RAM
Page File: 976MB used, 790MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 10.0 (4.10.0000.5515)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi All,

I have recently acquired a Dell Dimension 4600i Computer that operates with Windows XP and every time I go to load ANY kind of video games I get what's known as the 'Blue Screen Of Death' error message that states my driver ati2evxx.exe is stuck in an infinite loop. :confused::confused:

How would I resolve this? To give a quick back story I have already done a fair bit of repairing on this system already. When I received the system it would not load windows XP after the loading screen it would black screen. To resolve this I booted safe mode, Ran Anti-Virus, then un-installed the 'Display Drivers' which are 128 DDR ATI Radeon Pro & 128 DDR ATI Radeon Pro Sec.

After doing this XP loaded fine (Just in a-lot worse of a picture quality) Then I re-downloaded the drivers for my computers Radeon 9800 graphics card and everything is working great, except for when I load any games then I get the blue screen. This also happens when I test the Direct3D capabilities in dxdiag it completely crashes my system on test 9 :(

Any ideas guys and I'd really appreciate the help here's my specs:

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100427-1636)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
System Model: Dimension 4600i
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A09
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
Memory: 1534MB RAM
Page File: 976MB used, 790MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 10.0 (4.10.0000.5515)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode
I don't know much but maybe your windows installation files have some errors or the graphics drivers you downloaded could be a little too advanced for your hardware and need to install the previous versions.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

#3 ·
What's the "service tag" number and/or "express service code" number on that Dell?

----------------------------------------------------------

Does it have its original power supply, or has it been upgraded to be better and higher wattage one?

If it has, advise what brand name and model number and wattage it is.

----------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.