Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue screen loop (Windows 10)

253 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Couriant 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, new guy here

I’ve been trying over and over again to get on my PC but nothing works. I keep getting and endless loop of BSOD..
So far I’ve tried automatic repair, system restore, system image recovery and cmd methods and none worked.
I do wanna mention that when I try to go to the D: drive in cmd I get “the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable”

The blue screen error is “ntsf file system”.
I do not have a CD player in my PC. I do however have a spare laptop and a USB if needed for a fix.
I’d very much appreciate a fix that will keep all my files. if there isn’t then I’ll take whatever that can fix my computer.
Thanks in advance!

#4 · (Edited)
OK, providing the hard drive is not defective in any way, you can use a Linux Live CD/USB to load Linux without installing it. That way it should provide access to your data to copy from. You will need another computer to perform the tasks and to be safe, a few of USB sticks, one to create the Linux USB, one for the Windows 10 USB, and one to transfer your data.

Create a bootable USB stick on Windows | Ubuntu - To create the Ubuntu OS
Try Ubuntu before you install it | Ubuntu - To use Ubuntu without installing it so you can transfer files
Doing a Completely Clean Reinstall of Windows 10 - To reinstall Windows 10

Edit: If the drive is encrypted, you may not be able to access it until you unlock/turn of BitLocker (if encryption was done by Windows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.