Blue Screen makes me have to RESET

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BabyG

Hi All

I need your help again. The past couple of months, my computer periodically reboots itself. When it first started happening, I asked for your advice, and was told to disable the Auto Restart feature. I did, and it quit happening as often. However, when it did happen, instead of rebooting, I would get a blue screen telling me it was beginning then completed a physical memory dump. It wasn’t happening but once in a great while, so I would reset my computer and move on.

Well the past 3 days, it has begun happening all the time. To the point that I would get so irritated that I would just turn the dang thing off! :mad:

Below is the message it said that a technician (that’s you! :D) would need in order to help me.

***STOP: 0x0000007F (0x0000000D, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
Beginning dump 00000000R Physical Memory
Physical Memory dump Complete.

Please, please help! :confused:

Any & all suggestions, advice, help, encouragement would be very much appreciated. Heck I’ll even take volunteers to get me another computer! ;)

Thanks,
BabyG :)

BabyG

BillC,
Thank you sooooooooooo much for this information. This sounds like exactly what my problem is. As soon as I sit and try to interpret some of the "Greek" so I can try to figure out what the heck they are tellin' me in places, I'm almost certain this may solve my problem. :D

Thanks again,
BabyG

Did you change any hardware recently? How old (in terms of its life years on earth) is your current PC and powersupply?

BabyG

Hi byon,
No I haven't added or changed any hardware.

My computer was built approximately 1 1/2 years ago. I realize that by the time I got it home & hooked up, it was almost obsolete as fast as the technology of computers change. ;)

Seriously though, it's an AMD Athelon 1400, and was new when I bought it.

Does that answer your questions?

Thanks,

It could be a common hardware failure that is happening to your computer mainly due to lousy components that were used.

Since it is AMD, perhaps your system is running the CPU beyond the rated specification, known as "overclocking," which can cause Stop 0x7F or other error messages due to heat buildup. Reset the BIOS to resolve the issue. If all these sounds "greek" to you.. take the system to a repair facility for diagnostic testing.

greets :)

BabyG

Thank you BYON for your input.

By "reset the BIOS", do you mean take out the battery? If not can you explain to me how to reset it?

Thanks,

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online