Blue screen? No - blank screen.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TECC01

My screen blacks out randomly during games. As far as I can tell, the game/computer freezes as nothing I do changes anything and I have to go around the computer, yank out the power cord and stick it back in.

Games include:
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War
Duke Nukem 3D
Bejewelled 2 [Deluxe]
The Sims
Medal of Honour: AA

I've d/led all of the latest drivers for my graphics card (Radeon X300), I have DirectX 9.0c, I've tried yelling at my monitor and now I don't know what to do next...

This is really pissing me off. I can't even complete the TUTORIAL of DoW before the screen goes black and I have to make my trip around the desk.
*fume*
*stomp*stomp*stomp*
*yank*

Note: The screen says "No signal detected" when it screws up, so it's not the screen recieving a "black" signal, it's not recieving any information whatsoever.

Maybe they've had a fight and don't want to talk to each other? My modem and PC had an argument like that a while ago... >_>

Probably heat related if it runs normally otherwise. Take the side off the case and point a house fan at it while playing, see if it makes a difference. If it does, you need to get better cooling, or rearrange the cooling you have for better airflow.

Scorp.

I have an even worse problem with my x300 with Directx 9.0c - other than in safe mode, I have a completely blank screen *all* the time. :(

What are the rest of your specs...??
And doesn't your PC have a reset button? Or can you hold the power button and shut it off?
That is safer than pulling the plug.

And just to toss this out.. You may have a bad vid card or a poor power supply.
Be sure your PSU is enough to run those PCI-E cards..
Same with sirhubert..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online