1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue screen , No signal

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BobiSimba, Jun 13, 2019 at 3:25 PM.

Advertisement
  1. BobiSimba

BobiSimba Thread Starter

Hello ;3 guys i need help . As i play games for certain amount of time or even watch youtube my computer just glitch and the screen is freezed then it goes to blue screen which says no signal. I can hear everything in the background like everything works but i cant do anything unless i restart the pc and then it works fine for about again 1h sometimes 15min i dont know what does it depend on . Someone have any ideas?

2. Mavrick88

Mavrick88

If it's a desktop computer I would suggest opening the case and getting some canned air to blow out any kind of dust in all of the fans. Make sure you get the processor fan very well and also get the power supply and any case fans clean. Overheating can cause this issue. It sounds like the computer is running fine for a little while and after it gets hot, it's shutting down on you. I would suggest trying this first as this is the easiest and cheapest thing to do before having to start changing out Hardware. An air compressor works even better and is more cost-effective over time if you don't have access to canned air. Take It Outside and don't be afraid to blow everything out and make sure all the dust inside of it is gone.

3. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

I do not recommend and neither will anyone experienced in such issues, the use of an air compressor, firstly the air produced is full of moisture and secondly depending on the compressor it may well spin fans to destruction.
    Indeed you should not allow canned air even that designed for computer use to spin fans

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019 at 6:38 PM
  4. Mavrick88

Mavrick88

This is a good point but I have worked on hundreds of computers, always using air compressor and have never had an issue because of it. I could have mentioned that after using an air compressor you could let the computer sit for about an hour to make sure there is no moisture. I have a very good one and it doesn't cause any moisture at all but I can see where a cheaper one might. So this is a good point. If you do use an air compressor make sure you give it about an hour to dry just in case although I have never experienced any issues personally, which doesn't mean someone else may not. So thank you Mac for that warning and suggestion.

5. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

I am not about to enter into some form of online argument
    However
    There are many types of air compressor
    Some in its most commonly used term have an air tank and that tank has a water drain
    Some produce far too much pressure for use on a computer
    Not only is there the risk of moisture but there is also a real risk, if the pressure is high enough of damage, especially to fans, if they are allowed to spin - the airflow is such from many compressors that it can destroy a fan bearing, even if it is not really a bearing as in the usual sense of the word - but simply a sleeve bearing.

Finally you may have worked on hundreds of computers, but BobiSimba may never even have opened the case of a computer before and the general nature of the advice WITHOUT much qualification as to risks left him at risk of damage, even if only to fans - although that in itself could of course have been, a rather serious problem

6. Mavrick88

Mavrick88

I never once said you were wrong and actually thanked you for the input.....but thanks.

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

On a very dirty system, I use my air compressor to blow it out however I use a nozzle with a VERY small orifice so as to limit the volume of flow. Too much airflow can [and will] damage parts. If you do use an air compressor, be careful about what you are doing.

8. lynx1021

lynx1021

Carey Holzman on You tube uses a battery powered leaf blower to blow out;) the computers he works on

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228546

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice