Blue screen of death and new computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Guelph105

Hello, I recently purchased a new computer. It is a Toshiba Satellite laptop. Everything has been great so far but today my computer suddenly gave me the blue screen saying that there was a problem with my hardware. I didn't have a chance to write the code down because it automatically restarted. I don't understand what the problem could be because I've barely done anything with the computer so far and I've done regular checks for viruses. Should I be bringing it back to Futureshop? I just passed the return date by like 2 days so I guess all they could do is try and fix it but I have no idea what they would do?

This is what happened to my last computer except when the blue screen came up, my computer wouldn't restart. I'm worried. I'm a student and just spent all my money on this and they promised that it was a good computer for longevity because it has the newest processor.

Please Help!!!!!!:(

You could try a complete system recovery, provided you have a backup copy of your important data.

If you don't have a backup of your important data, you can feel warm a cozy because you are in a group of about 99% of all consumers. You can take the computer to a local shop for data retrieval. Last I checked was 14 months ago; Geek Squad charged $119 for retrieval of data provided it was done with a system recovery (another $99), for a total of only $238.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online