1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue Screen of Death and Orange Screen of Death

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by surfaceuser123, May 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. surfaceuser123

surfaceuser123 Thread Starter

Last month, kept getting blue screen of death with various errors at bottom: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Been happening sporadically before but amped up last month for a few days. Stopped until last night, this time I got an orange screen of death and the error was CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION (win32kfull.sys).

2. naresh498

naresh498

First Name:
    Naresh kandra
    Does ot allow you to load windows in safe mode. Did you install any hardware or software recently before this issue occured?
    Can you run a quick memory test? It depends upon the computer manufacturer..press f9 or f10 to run the tests.

3. surfaceuser123

I have already run windows in safe mode and runned a quick memory test. None worked. I have not downloaded anything new. The orange screen happened today with the error "CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION".

4. naresh498

naresh498

First Name:
    Naresh kandra
    any restore points created on your machine? can you go to recovery partion and check using f10 or f11..depends upon laptop manufacturer. did the laptop do windows updates before issue occured? do you have software called alcohol 120 installed.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
  5. surfaceuser123

I would rather not restore my laptop, because I have important documents on there. I have a surface 3. The laptop is updated all the way but it hasn't done any recent updates. It has been trying for a long time to update to the windows 10 anniversary update but it does not work. I do not have alcohol 120 installed. What does that software do?

6. naresh498

naresh498

First Name:
    Naresh kandra
    it is CD/DVD burning software, some users posted it caused the problem, At the moment I do not have any options left..may be others can provide some input.not sure.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1189611

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice