Blue Screen Of Death before Logon screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

plattypuss

Hi.

I have a serious problem at my hands.

This moring when I turned on my laptop a '0x00000051 (0x00000001, 0xL1, 0L008, 0x00716000, 0x000001D6)' Registy Error appeared on a blue screen. It then continuously restarts, never making it to the logon screen.

I have tried to reboot in Safe Mode and 'Last Known Working' mode but the same blue screen appears.

As I dont have a XP Home install disk (only boot disk supplied with laptop), I could not repair my registry so I have installed a parallel version of Windows XP Pro that came with another PC. I can access the hard disc so I will be able to back up most of my files BUT I cannot access the Documents and Settings of my user from the original OS because I selected 'Make this Folder Private' when I made the account.

Does anyone know of a way to disable the 'Make This Folder Private' option on an account that is on a parallel version of XP?

Laptop = Hi-Grade W6700 (higrade.com

Any help would be appreciated so much! Thanks

I think you will have to take ownership of the folders and files you want to access.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online