1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by MrCade, Feb 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MrCade

MrCade Thread Starter

Over the past couple of weeks i have been getting a BSOD while playing most games, i am going to assume it's a Cooling System/Thermal Paste Problem it's now coming up to two years old and it is a bit of a nuisance.

This is the system i currently have:

i7 6700k CPU
    Nvidia Ge force GTX 1060 Sky lake 6gb
    16 GB Hyper X fury DDR4 RAM
    Asus H110 m-a Motherboard
    corsair 750w PSU
    Corsair Case

I have diagnosed in order - That it is not the PSU because everything comes on fine and 750w is more then enough to power all components.
    Graphics Card works fine and i can go to ultra settings.
    Done a Memory Test and memory passed 3 times with 0 errors.

I don't think the motherboard i have is great for high custom games but it's not given me any problems before, maybe i could get a better one but i don't want to waste money unless i really have to.
    Case could be a little bigger because it is pretty cramped but again it's not a major issue.
    Only thing that would make any sense to me is the CPU Cooler and/or Thermal Paste has Deteriorated and when it gets too hot then it crashes and gives me a blue screen.

What Thermal Paste and Cooler Would anybody suggest.

Right Now i have this bundle and is about 18 months since i first used it https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01ALW5GVE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.
    Here is the case if that also helps :)
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006I2H0YS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

3. MrCade

MrCade Thread Starter

Thank you Lunar i had a look at the CoreTemp and each core went to at least the following numbers

Core 0: 36c - 43c Maximum is 44c
    Core 1: 36c - 44c Maximum is 47c
    core 2: 35c - 44c Maxium is 43c
    core 3: 33c - 40c Maximum 43.

The minimum for each component at the very least is 33 so this tells me each core is over the minimum and under the maximum but i think it looks like it is a CPU cooling issue and maybe the Thermal Paste has pretty much Died up.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Without proof of the temps being over the limit, you are chasing ghosts by insisting that that cooling is your problem.

5. MrCade

MrCade Thread Starter

It turned out the problem was simply a Windows 10 OS issue - DPC Watchdog Violation i reinstalled everything and will get a few pieces of hardware like more fans and a fan splitter to make sure my system is in a better condition. Hopefully with windows fully reinstalled from scratch the issue is resolved. but fingers crossed lol.

6. lunarlander

lunarlander

Glad you got out of that tunnel vision.

7. Nuclear187

Nuclear187

i tried reinstall of windows and i still get that watchdog blue screen crap. i cant figure it out i suck at PC tech support stuff.

8. lunarlander

lunarlander

9. Nuclear187

Nuclear187

im Still having trouble with my BSOD DPC Wacthdog its so agravating makes me want to toss my PC out the window i feel like i tryed everything but i finally got the Dump file and opened it with Blue Screen view. maybe this will help shed some light on things. here's a pic. Dump File.jpg

10. lunarlander

lunarlander

I usually use WhoCrashed, it offers a plain english explanation.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222797

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice