1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue screen of death help please

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by ZachAsa, Nov 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZachAsa

ZachAsa Thread Starter

So today I got a HD adapter in the post and connected my old barracuda 160gb HD to my Windows 7 Packard Bell Easy Note TM81 to see if it still works and see if I could recover the data from it. It’s been ten years since I last used it but to my surprised it worked a treat. I looked through a few things and I deleted loads of folders too. I left it plugged in a while and when I’ve switched my laptop back on, it’s stuck in a boot cycle where I get BSOD for a second and it restarts itself when trying to load Windows. I’ve unplugged the HD from the laptop and it still keeps happening. Safe mode won’t run and repair mode won’t work. I’m at al loss what to do, I’m pretty stressed out that my really important data will be lost! I have loads of pictures, music and videos I’d prefer not to lose. Is there a way I can get my laptop working again? I have done a search but almost every article says about using a windows disk but I don’t have any windows disks at all. Pretty sure the laptop never came with it. I do have a USB stick and access to my sisters laptop though. And I’ll post a picture of the error too.

If anyone with any knowledge could please help me I’d appreciate that!

Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    Which version of Windows are you looking for?

I know you can get most of them, from Windows and up, from Microsoft. However, you will need to have a valid key in order to download. And, I believe that an OEM key is not supported. For a copy of that, you'll need to contact the manufacturer of the machine or the seller.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219503

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice