1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue screen of death...help!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kplgmc, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kplgmc

kplgmc Thread Starter

I have a BSOD and I am getting a message of

SESSION3_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

Has anyone encountered this before? I have run chkdsk and fixboot but I am still getting the same error. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

2. Techmonkeys

Techmonkeys

Few Questions:

What OS are you running?
    Have you recently installed or removed any hardware?
    Have you recently installed or removed any software?
    What was the last thing you did, before this error started? (i.e. deleted a file, moved a folder, etc)

3. kplgmc

kplgmc Thread Starter

What OS are you running? Right....sorry, always forget that. XP Pro.

Have you recently installed or removed any hardware? No.

Have you recently installed or removed any software? No.

What was the last thing you did, before this error started? Sent some emails and shut down. The next day it booted up this way.

Thanks for your help!

4. Techmonkeys

Techmonkeys

From what I can find with regards to your error it is related to incompatible hardware. Which doesnt make sense as you havent changed any hardware.

So try this:

During boot up when the machine says "Verifying DMA Pool Data" press F8 to go into the Safe Mode menu.

Choose the option that says "Last know good configuration" and see if that lets you in.

If not then choose Safe Mode and see if that lets you in. If so then I would recomend uninstalling any device drivers, such as your sound, video etc and then try a normal boot and re-install the drivers.

If neither work, then come back again.

5. kplgmc

kplgmc Thread Starter

Both safe mode and last known config give me the blue screen. The screen is different now. The session3 error is gone. Now there is no error text message, just the hex code.

0x0000007B (0xF7AAE640, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Thanks!

6. Techmonkeys

Techmonkeys

Ok here's what I found, but it aint good.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prmd_stp_xlxv.asp

It appears your Hard Disk may have become corrupt.

Things to try:

Boot from the XP CD and go into the recovery console and choose repair options and try to fix from there.
    Install Win XP on a second HDD and put the current one in as slave and then you can get the files off.
    Download a third party app to recover the data.
    - I highly recommend Winternals ERD Commander I used it to recover a database server and application server at work a few months ago and it worked a charm. It is pricey, btu it depends on what the data on the drive is worth to you.

7. lcsjk

lcsjk

Try one other thing when you get the BSOD. Use CTRL-ALT-DEL to open the task manager. Select NEW TASK and browse to a program that you would like to run. I even re-installed windows from there recently to get my system back up and working properly. Your's may be a different situation, but I don't guess it will hurt to try.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328862

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice