Solved Blue Screen Of Death on Start Up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

krisp868

Hi

I was playing a game and it froze and then came the BSOD, I allowed it to restart, however as the system restated, the BSOD came up again.

I then waited for a while and no restart, so I did a hard shut down and then start up about two times and the same result. I then proceeded to remove and re-insert the RAM and GPU, it gave the same result.

I went through all the advanced options:

1. Automatic Repair; It could not finish this operation
2. Restore points; It could not finish this operation

Any advice as to solving the issue, is it hardward?

I have a minimal system set up:

1. 8GB RAM
2. 500GB Storage
3. MSI Atx MoBo
4. RX550 4GB GPU
5. 500w PSU
6. Non-Activated Windows 10 Pro

6. Non-Activated Windows 10 Pro
Tech Support Guy Rules
Infractions & Points

2 Points, Expires in 6 Months

Copyright Infringement and/or Use of Pirated Software
Because we do not support pirated software, we may request that you provide validation to confirm that your copy of Windows or other software is not pirated. If you are unable or unwilling to provide this validation, your thread may be closed.

krisp868

If you are suggesting I am infringing on a rule of this site I can clarify.

I had windows 10 pro active on my previous HDD and when I changed the HDD as it went bad, I tried to get back the Pro key, however, Microsoft said as I got it from my job they had to sort, I didn't bother to go through all of that as I only use the PC to play games and an active version of windows isn't necessary for steam.

That infraction you stated is stupid, just because it isn't activated does not mean I pirated it, it means I do not have a key and choose not to pirate the OS or a key.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
"I didn't bother to go through all of that" that is the same as pirating as you did not do what is required to continue to legally use the OS.

If you are suggesting I am infringing on a rule of this site I can clarify.

I had windows 10 pro active on my previous HDD and when I changed the HDD as it went bad, I tried to get back the Pro key, however, Microsoft said as I got it from my job they had to sort, I didn't bother to go through all of that as I only use the PC to play games and an active version of windows isn't necessary for steam.

That infraction you stated is stupid, just because it isn't activated does not mean I pirated it, it means I do not have a key and choose not to pirate the OS or a key.
Dave A has a point. If you were to ask MS's stance on using a copy of their OS without following the steps necessary to legalize it, it is by definition illegal.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online