1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Blue Screen Of Death on Start Up

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by krisp868, Oct 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. krisp868

krisp868 Thread Starter

Hi

I was playing a game and it froze and then came the BSOD, I allowed it to restart, however as the system restated, the BSOD came up again.

I then waited for a while and no restart, so I did a hard shut down and then start up about two times and the same result. I then proceeded to remove and re-insert the RAM and GPU, it gave the same result.

I went through all the advanced options:

1. Automatic Repair; It could not finish this operation
    2. Restore points; It could not finish this operation

Any advice as to solving the issue, is it hardward?

I have a minimal system set up:

1. 8GB RAM
    2. 500GB Storage
    3. MSI Atx MoBo
    4. RX550 4GB GPU
    5. 500w PSU
    6. Non-Activated Windows 10 Pro

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Tech Support Guy Rules

3. krisp868

krisp868 Thread Starter

I'm confused as to what is your response.

4. krisp868

krisp868 Thread Starter

If you are suggesting I am infringing on a rule of this site I can clarify.

I had windows 10 pro active on my previous HDD and when I changed the HDD as it went bad, I tried to get back the Pro key, however, Microsoft said as I got it from my job they had to sort, I didn't bother to go through all of that as I only use the PC to play games and an active version of windows isn't necessary for steam.

That infraction you stated is stupid, just because it isn't activated does not mean I pirated it, it means I do not have a key and choose not to pirate the OS or a key.

5. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    "I didn't bother to go through all of that" that is the same as pirating as you did not do what is required to continue to legally use the OS.

krisp868 and SpywareDr like this.
  6. Lanctus

Lanctus

Dave A has a point. If you were to ask MS's stance on using a copy of their OS without following the steps necessary to legalize it, it is by definition illegal.

SpywareDr likes this.
  7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217519

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice