1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Blue Screen of Death on Startup

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Akina, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Akina

Akina Thread Starter

Please help :( A PC was built for me for gaming purposes, and I've had nothing but problems with it...

After a Windows Update (don't know which one, as I just kept getting prompted to update and I did), it keeps giving me the blue screen of death after a few minutes. I tried to do a System Restore. Since the computer is fairly new, there was only one restore point. I restored to it, and now the problem got worse to where I get the blue screen on startup. I've tried to log in using Safe Mode, but it freezes each time (except if I choose to log in with Safe Mode - Command Prompt, which is even harder for me to understand).

I truly hope there's a fix to this.. Help?

EDIT: After I let it sit for a while, it actually didn't give me the blue screen of death for over an hour. I didn't touch anything for an hour. Then I tried to play a game, and the blue screen of death reappeared. It restarted, and now it's back to appearing on start-up. It's not the game, as again this only started happening with the Windows Updates..

2. mhd1360

mhd1360

please post last 3 minidump file here, investigating those could show us a way.
    Minidumps file are located in "\Windows\Minidump"
    If there was a numebr of files just post last 3 files (please attention to the date they created)

3. Akina

Akina Thread Starter

I tried attaching the files through the forum, but it said invalid file, so I tried sendspace:

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/l5MunWEit7AGSaWQ+VroJQ (First 2 minidumps)

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/tK/Lnb4laa+XDj8D8DtWYw (Next 2 minidumps)

For a total of 4 minidumps, just in case it helps to have 4 instead of 3 handy.

I also once get this message after the restarts from the blue screens from Windows:

4. huggie54

huggie54

hiya,goto device manager,expand each + sign at the beginning of each entry line looking for yellow !s or red Xs,was the update you mentioned nvidia hd drivers or raeltek audio drivers?.if there are any yellow !s or red Xs right click on them and update

5. Akina

Akina Thread Starter

There didn't seem to be any red X's or yellow !'s.

A friend came over to try to fix the issue. I mentioned that I accidentally shut down my computer during a Windows Update and thus, he suggested we just reinstall Windows 7. As it was trying to "upgrade," another blue screen came out that said: Memory_Management.

I then proceeded to Google that, and instead put "blue screen memory_upgrade" in my search results (don't know why I did!). I found a simple solution to my problem:

http://www.pallab.net/2009/11/15/how-fix-windows-7-bsod-due-to-4gb-ram/

I've been playing Borderlands for an hour so far and no problems so far... Really hope this resolves everything!

6. Akina

Akina Thread Starter

Spoke too soon... even though I was able to play for a while, eventually the blue screen of death came back.

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

Here is the latest mini dump file: http://www.sendspace.com/file/kx6m5v

And just to see if I could do this on my own: I did a Disk Cleanup, Disk Check, and SFC/SCANNOW. Things were deleted and nothing was found from the scan. As for the performance of my machine:

Physical Memory
    Total: 7343
    Available: 5644

7. huggie54

huggie54

akina,have a look at your memory modules making sure they are securely seated and check all cable connections,how mny sticks of RAM do you have installed,if more than one, take one out then try gaming.make sure the power is off before removing and replacing the sticks.

8. replay

replay

9. Akina

Akina Thread Starter

Ran and found no problems.

I got another BSoD now: System Service Exception

What's happening? :(

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1068366

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice